Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a Golf Plus?

(4 Posts)
weepootle Mon 22-Sep-08 22:13:24

We need a bigger car for when dd2 comes along. First we thought we'd go all out and get a 7 seater so it was a Toyota Verso, then decided we don't need the 7 seats so decided on a Nissan Qashqai. I test drove it and thought that it was also bigger than we need so I'm now interested in the Golf Plus- anyone driven it?

carrielou2007 Mon 22-Sep-08 22:37:32

No no no they are awful!! As a lover of the golf (have had 3!!) I also wanted bigger car/boot etc and could not bring myself to look at the van-touran I think as was just like a bus. Have been so pleased with all my golf's looked at other models are really have to say how safe have felt in it and how reliable they are and of course in the GTI you can burn up anyone you want!!

The sales man I bought my golf's from tried to get me to buy one, much wider, bigger, bigger boot etc, it is nothing like a golf, ugly, heavy, how they can call it a golf should be against the trade descriptions act!!!

The new tiguan they have is lovely but the boot is same as golf. The toureg (I think) is lovely, huge but drinks fuel (no friend of environment either!!)

Don't do it!!!!!

weepootle Mon 22-Sep-08 22:59:08

I actually think they're nicer than the Golf, which I'm not a big fan of. I'm looking for something with good fuel economy and the 1.9D is almost as good as the little Yaris I have at the moment.

carrielou2007 Mon 22-Sep-08 23:15:36

I like my german made cars me!! You would be paying for a golf though so if you don't like the golf why not go for something more you do like as golf's are not cheap.

The nissan are pretty reasonable, they are getting a good name for themselves though the interiors are very plastic looking, not too good on fuel, a friend has one as she pulls a horse box and fine. How about an estate? Plenty of room??

Another friend has the mazda 3 and they are so cheap but great little car and really good quality inside and huge boot.

I want my golf back though at 35 it was time to step away from it and go for something more sensible (sob!!) The polo has fab fuel economy but tiny tiny tiny and again pricy for similar cars in it's class.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now