Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Please please help! I have just broken a friend's precious Crock Pot and I can't find another one ...

(22 Posts)
procrastinatingparent Mon 22-Sep-08 21:11:41

It's one of those old fashioned orange ceramic ones (I remember my mother having one in the seventies), and I have managed to crack it, and I can't find one like it, not even on eBay.

<<sobs into her uncooked meat and veg>>

Anyone?

procrastinatingparent Mon 22-Sep-08 21:17:36

Califrau Mon 22-Sep-08 21:19:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

malfoy Mon 22-Sep-08 21:21:06

like a slow cooker?

procrastinatingparent Mon 22-Sep-08 21:24:45

Sorry, just replied and my connection stuffed it up.

Yes, it's a slow cooker, and I think Crock Pot is the brand name - and also what the americans call a slow cooker, although feel free to correct me Califrau!

It's big and orange and ceramic and lovely, and all I can find online are stainless steel ones which I know she will hate.

S1ur Mon 22-Sep-08 21:33:51

anything like this?

KatyMac Mon 22-Sep-08 21:36:18

or like these?

S1ur Mon 22-Sep-08 21:39:48

sorry ignore last link was to casserole dish.

amazon have a range

procrastinatingparent Mon 22-Sep-08 21:48:44

Thanks for the links - yes, right brand but too new! This one looks exactly like the one my mum had when I was growing up, and I convinced myself that there would be hundreds on ebay but I can't find a single one.

Better description: it's a slow cooker, the outside bit is orange plastic and the ceramic bit inside is brown. The instruction booklet calls it a Prestige Crock Pot.

She is too nice to hate me forever but she will be so disappointed. I'm cringing with the guilt right now.

LilRedWG Mon 22-Sep-08 21:50:09

Just tell her, apologise and tell her to chose a new one and you will pay for it.

Califrau Mon 22-Sep-08 21:50:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SaintGeorge Mon 22-Sep-08 21:52:22

What size is it?

I have the inner from an old Prestige slow cooker (I occasionally use it as a spare stew pot).

If it is the right size you are welcome to it? Although you said big so I have a horrible feeling it will be too small.

<<runs off to find tape measure>>

procrastinatingparent Mon 22-Sep-08 22:22:26

SaintGeorge that is so kind; what a lovely offer. Unfortunately it is the outside bit I have broken, not the inner ceramic part. But I appreciate the offer so much.

I am such an idiot, leaving it where it could get broken.

Of course I will pay for a new one, but I have a horrible feeling that she likes the oldness of this one, and will hate anything new. Of course she will be too polite to say this because she is lovely but I Will Know, and will feel awful.

procrastinatingparent Tue 23-Sep-08 13:45:28

Can anyone help?

DeJaVous Tue 23-Sep-08 13:47:51

Crock Pot No orange ones though...

NettySwickers Tue 07-Oct-08 15:36:00

It sounds like the one i have.
ill put a pic of it here so if it is correct you all know what to look for.

[IMG]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/mrmi5/07-10-081514.jpg[/IMG]

NettySwickers Tue 07-Oct-08 15:37:44

Ooops wring link

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/mrmi5/07-10-081514.jpg

Neeerly3 Tue 07-Oct-08 15:43:07

sad i gave mine to my mum - was a little one though, two person job, we swapped it for her big slowcooker as I was cooking for 4 and she for 2......try charity shops?

procrastinatingparent Sun 12-Oct-08 22:54:02

Hi Netty - I've only just seen your message but I can't get the link to work.

There is this one on ebay, which is exactly the same - but they are not selling the orange bit which is the bit I have broken.

I haven't yet confessed to my friend, because I am still living in hope I can find one - and then tell her!

Anyone got one like that?

procrastinatingparent Mon 13-Oct-08 09:49:48

Bumpity bump

procrastinatingparent Mon 13-Oct-08 12:19:59

Getting desperate now ...

procrastinatingparent Mon 13-Oct-08 20:10:09

<<begs>>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: