Talk

Advanced search

Double Pushchairs?? What you got?

(22 Posts)
GreenFingeredMummy Mon 22-Sep-08 20:33:00

Im expecting my another baby and my dd will be about 2 so I'm going to need a double pushchair but I've got no idea where to start looking. I would love to know what you have got, how good it is and what you would love to have.

I dont want a flimsy buggy type, my current pram is a lovely silver cross sleepover and I've got an all-terrain 3-wheeler. Really hate getting rid of them, but needs must!

RedHead81 Mon 22-Sep-08 20:35:37

why not try a sling for the baby and when he/she gows out of the sling, your dd will be old enough to walk? Just a money saving thought??

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 22-Sep-08 20:36:54

I have a P&T sport with a 13 week old and 2 and a half and is great.

dizzydixies Mon 22-Sep-08 20:37:40

I've got a duo easywalker

BroccoliSpears Mon 22-Sep-08 20:40:41

I've got a P&T. It is ace. 2 yr age gap.

geraldinetheluckygoat Mon 22-Sep-08 20:41:12

another vote for phil and teds, my age gap was just a bit less than yours, and its been fantastic, and when your oldest gives up the buggy, you can just turn it back into a single!

JamInMyWellies Mon 22-Sep-08 20:46:02

I got a P&T vibe, my DS will be 17mth when the new munchkin arrives I have already started using it and its fab!

SazzlesA Mon 22-Sep-08 20:46:42

Message withdrawn

dizzydixies Mon 22-Sep-08 20:52:53

if you choose a P&T make sure your eldest isn't too tall for the top seat when the baby is lying flat - mine was and her head poked through the viewing window at the top therefore no use for me

sweetkitty Mon 22-Sep-08 20:58:05

I have P&T Sport for 2 1/2 yo DD2 and 10wo DD3 great so far, agree with dizzy grin though my DD2's head just fits under the hood, I've never used it in double mode with the raincover so don't know how she would get on underneath it.

In my time I also have had a Twin Aria and a Graco Stadium Duo both were rubbish wish I had had the P&T when DD1 and 2 were younger.

BroccoliSpears Mon 22-Sep-08 20:59:18

Good point Dizzy. My dd is tall for her age and we only just got away with it. Having said that, now we have the extra seat behind she comfortably sits in it to have a nap - sort of snuggles down if ds is in the front watching the world go by.

nicolamumof3 Mon 22-Sep-08 21:07:29

I've got a p&t not used for a newborn as i stupidly waited for ds3 to be 14m before finally giving in. until then i had 3 other side by sides and a tandem all rubbish in comparison. this has liberated me!!! plus of course it will be a single when ds2 is at nursery or gives up needing a ride! got the camo blue a bit different and a gorgeous buggsnuggle to brighten it up!

nicolamumof3 Mon 22-Sep-08 21:08:06

or what about a toddler seat on your sleepover?

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Mon 22-Sep-08 21:22:27

You could try a buggy board if the oldest is able to stand on it. I found this made all the difference if you have a child who wants to walk but gets tired.

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Mon 22-Sep-08 21:22:29

You could try a buggy board if the oldest is able to stand on it. I found this made all the difference if you have a child who wants to walk but gets tired.

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Mon 22-Sep-08 21:22:48

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Mon 22-Sep-08 21:22:54

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Mon 22-Sep-08 21:22:57

GreenFingeredMummy Mon 22-Sep-08 21:25:17

WOW thanks for the response. I would love to carry new lo in a sling, but have a weak back and first lo was nearly 9lbs so don't think thats going to be an option (heard second ones can be bigger... ouch!)
I have seen the p&t and must admit it looks pretty good, bit concearned about being so close to the ground though... I didnt realise it could swap between a one or two kiddy buggy, thats defo a plus point.

How snug is it for new baby? Guess you can't attach a car seat tho'! My dd is quite tall for her age so might be a prob. Any others out there??

sweetkitty Mon 22-Sep-08 21:32:14

The thing with the P&T is the baby isn't low to the ground in the cocoon, it's actually just like a normal part of any buggy lying flat, so say you have a lie flat Maclaren the baby is in the same place, the toddler seat sits on top of the pram hence the height issue. It's only when it goes into teh two toddler mode that the second toddler sits underneath the first.

I love it as when we are out DD2 usually starts off on top of DD3, then DD1 hops on when she's tired and DD2 walks, then like today I only have DD3 for a while so it's a single I love the single or double mode, for me with a 2 1/2 yo that likes walking it's ideal.

fairy15 Mon 22-Sep-08 21:36:15

i have a mountain buggy & loveeeee it, much better then my p&t sport i had before.

nicolamumof3 Mon 22-Sep-08 21:47:14

you can attach a car seat but not sure if can still use as doubles with it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now