Talk

Advanced search

Those Trunki Suitcase Thingies?

(14 Posts)
OllieWollieWoo Mon 22-Sep-08 19:17:15

Are they any good or just a gimmick????

katz Mon 22-Sep-08 19:19:29

the newer style ones are great, we took 2 on holiday with us, very useful for putting tired girls on and pulling through the airport, hold an ok amount but are a bit of a pain once on the plane they really need to be seat to access stuff.

buttercreamfrosting Mon 22-Sep-08 19:46:21

I think they're great - would really recommend them. Each of my dc (5,3 & 2) has one.

Haylstones Mon 22-Sep-08 20:01:11

Yes gimmicky but still so worth it. They really do make journeys with dc easier.
(be warned though, they don't really like going in straight lines- tricky when we were on a train platform!)

caspercat Fri 26-Sep-08 13:58:56

Just packing for our hols on Sunday - are these best used as hand luggage or do they go in the hold with our suitcases? Not sure whether to pack with some of DDs clothes or on-board stuff such as teddy, nappies etc??
TIA xx

BrownSuga Fri 26-Sep-08 14:01:55

hand luggage, you can pack the bits and bobs' your dc's use, and some amusements. go in the overhead locker.

Pawslikepaddington Fri 26-Sep-08 14:06:12

They are brilliant and you can get loads in.

caspercat Fri 26-Sep-08 14:15:16

Ooooh, quick replies, thanks v much for that xx

FruitynNutty Fri 26-Sep-08 14:17:45

THEY ARE CRAP!!!! DS was given one (brand new) for xmas 2 years ago and it doesn't lock and the damn pully thing comes off if you dare to pull it. Don't buy one! I've heard other stories of them being useless too. We've never even used ours because the locks wouldnt work. If DS sat on it, it would bow, didn't look safe at all.

Pawslikepaddington Fri 26-Sep-08 14:19:37

They have strengthened them-dd's friend had a bad one, but ours was a newer version and much better.

JODIEhadababy Fri 26-Sep-08 14:22:24

We've got one, use for hand luggage... Put all of DS1 stuff in it for easy access through out the flight, he loves it.. I think it's very sturdy and seems to work OK, obviously done some work on it over the last 2 years

annmar Fri 26-Sep-08 14:24:25

We have one, both DDs love it. We put toys, change of clothes, nappies and wipes in ours.

Only problem we have is DD1 screaming when it goes through the x-ray machine and when they close the overhead lockers.

We will be getting another one next year when DD2 is old enough for a luggage allowance.

eandh Fri 26-Sep-08 14:26:25

We have 2 (Trixy for dd1 and fREIDA FOR DD2) fab, really handy as put coloring books etc in one and spare clothes,nappies in the other (we got back from holiday last night and changed the girls into pj's on way home after a 4 hour delay) ours work fine

FruitynNutty Fri 26-Sep-08 14:27:20

well I want the money back then or an updated version!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now