Talk

Advanced search

Best (or translation : cheapest) place to buy NEW Phil and Teds buggy??

(22 Posts)
DisenchantedPlusBump Mon 22-Sep-08 15:02:15

Am looking for a p&t, i was going to buy 2nd hand from ebay but keep getting out bid and for what they sell for I may as well buy new and have a warranty etc ...

My DD isn't due till Dec 25th, but will use it for my DS until then ...

so Im either looking for a single (and will buy a double kit nearer to when she is born)

or a double buggy now, but I don't want a cocoon!

Thanks!

ajm200 Mon 22-Sep-08 15:07:14

Not two left feet - maybe the cheapest on the internet but you may never see the pushchair - awful delivery times and no customer service.

diddle Mon 22-Sep-08 15:07:37

we found ours at a local discount equipment shop, have you tried kiddicare??

diddle Mon 22-Sep-08 15:08:31

what part of the country are you in?

lulalullabye Mon 22-Sep-08 15:20:19

Oxford Pram centre very good, and next day deliery guaranteed, great customer service.

lulalullabye Mon 22-Sep-08 15:20:45

Meant to say thats online smile

nicolamumof3 Mon 22-Sep-08 15:25:18

I would second Oxford Pram Centre, fab, fab c/s. our front wheel was faulty before we could even use it, we live 2hrs away from oxford pram centre, i was in tears as didn't know how to take it back!! The v.next day before midday OPC had couriered us a complete new wheel fitting with full instructions they are fab!

I bought a sport + doubles + raincover and sleeping bag (or you can have cocoon) for £389, without the cocoon/sleeping bag they are £354.99.

nicolamumof3 Mon 22-Sep-08 15:27:48

Disenchanted...fab due date!! My ds2 was due on new years eve, he arrived 28th december!!

TheBlonde Mon 22-Sep-08 18:47:01

I got mine from OPC

snorris Mon 22-Sep-08 18:53:20

I was in Mothercare today looking at double pushchairs. The assistant told me that they were getting them instore and there may be a promotion where you get certain bits free (the bit to make it a double?). She didn't know when that would be on but I'm going to keep my eye out for it.

mankymummy Mon 22-Sep-08 18:55:39

where are you? im getting rid of mine soon if you dont HAVE to have new.

nicolamumof3 Mon 22-Sep-08 18:58:05

Don't forget the dash comes out end of november so i would think that will affect the price of new sports? leave it as late as you can to buy imo?

DisenchantedPlusBump Mon 22-Sep-08 19:47:43

Hi mankymummy

Im in manchester

It doesn't have to be new but does have to be a sport

Thanks for the advice, will avoid 2 left feet!

and check out the reccomended places

mankymummy Mon 22-Sep-08 20:04:01

ah, im on south coast so prob not practical. mmine is a sport though.

DisenchantedPlusBump Mon 22-Sep-08 20:18:05

could you box it up?

i am happy to arrange a courrier if you can do that and have photos and an honest description!

what colour is it?

mankymummy Mon 22-Sep-08 20:57:30

can do photos. its grey, has extra panniers and rain cover. the bottom luggage bit is knackered though to be honest, p&t's tend to suffer from this because they are so low to the ground.

box would be v. big and quite heavy.

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 22-Sep-08 21:02:11

kiddicare.com - we got doubles kit and free travel cot for £300

DisenchantedPlusBump Mon 22-Sep-08 21:05:36

Mankymummy,

i know a courrier that will pick it up no problem as long as you can box it securely.

Can you email me with a price please?

pug_d @hotmail.com

will have a look at kiddicare too

sweetkitty Mon 22-Sep-08 21:23:59

I got mine from urchin here urchin

some lovely MNer had a code for 20% off too so I got a real bargain

Jojay Mon 22-Sep-08 21:27:39

I got mine from Practical Pushchairs website. Good service, no problems with it.

I think the package was the P&T Sport with doubles kit and double raincover, for about £350 inc delivery.

carmenelectra Mon 22-Sep-08 21:32:34

I cannot wait to buy a P&T! Im going to ttc at the end of the year and the P&t is on my wish list as i will (if all goes to plan) have 2 little ones. I want one now thoughsad. P&T I mean, not a baby!

DisenchantedPlusBump Mon 22-Sep-08 22:14:55

i think you can buy new shopping baskets so that doesn't matter

are you still around MM with a price?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now