Talk

Advanced search

will a maclaren quest fit in boot of vw beetle?

(11 Posts)
born2twinkle Sun 21-Sep-08 20:42:04

Hi i'm trying to find a buggy that lies back that will go inn my boot. my volo fits in it but not much good for a new baby, has anyone got any suggestions?

LittleMissNorty Sun 21-Sep-08 20:43:38

I can get my Maclaren quest in the boot of my Fiat Grande Punto if that helps......I took it with me when buying the car smile

born2twinkle Sun 21-Sep-08 20:47:06

me thinks take car to pram shop am feeling pregnant and idle atm

babypringle Mon 22-Sep-08 11:07:27

quinny buzz or quinny speedi with carrycot will fit - just - you have to take the wheels off.
beware of pram shops - I had a major hissy fit in the car park of mothercare when they tried and failed to find a single newborn buggy that would fit and then they told me to buy a ford focus shock

born2twinkle Mon 22-Sep-08 13:33:20

i tried the buzz in my hubbys mini a few months ago and it fit in but it was bit more than i wanted to spend, also i am v heavy handed with stuff and will probably destroy the thing. speedi looks to be more robust so i will look into it. have got a zapp fro town shopping but want something for long walks in the countryside.
i would rather walk everywhere than drive a focus yuk!

nannyL Mon 22-Sep-08 17:16:40

i have a maclaren techno XT which is quite a bit bigger at fits with relative ease in the back of my clio if it helps

MrsBauer Mon 22-Sep-08 17:39:22

According to the mothercare website the Volo and Quest are both 104cm folded or the Triumph is 102cm I'm guessing that length is the issue as the other dimensions vary a bit.

crokky Mon 22-Sep-08 17:41:28

Quest is only suitable from 3 months (I think).

carrielou2007 Mon 22-Sep-08 20:12:48

Petite star zia should do, like a quinny zapp but reclines - though personally I would not put a newborn in it, states suitable from birth. Bugaboo bee should fit easily. How about something like mamas and papas pliko or lola? Lots of stollers are only from 3-6 months and most of the ones that are suitable from birth are bigger/longer.

babyjjbaby Mon 22-Sep-08 20:16:28

the quest doesn't lie flat the mamu 2 buggy does lie flat and is bout the same size as quest

babypringle Mon 22-Sep-08 20:35:03

we found that the folded length was the problem - needed to be under 90cm. I think we tried a graco mosaic which fitted too ...

the speedi is ok but very very heavy to push. whilst the seat will go virtually flat (or you can use the dreami carrycot), it doesn't sit up anywhere near to vertical - DS hated it beyond about a year. i'm trying to persuade DH that I need a buzz for baby no2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now