Talk

Advanced search

Carrier for 15 month old???

(8 Posts)
diddle Sun 21-Sep-08 16:40:38

going on holiday just want something to make me a bit more handsfree for the airport before getting pushchair as long queues at customs and we also have hand luggage, and 2 year old to chase after. please help

DorrisMcWhirter Sun 21-Sep-08 16:42:28

The Wilkinet carrier is good for older children, had mine given to me so not sure where to get them from, but you'd find them on the net. They are fairly squishy too so fold down quite small, can be used back, front or side carrying

diddle Mon 22-Sep-08 14:56:21

bump

halogen Mon 22-Sep-08 14:57:24

How much does he or she weigh? I still find my Huggababy ring sling great for my two year old but she is quite slight.

diddle Mon 22-Sep-08 15:00:17

he's quite a big boy, to be honest haven't had him weighed for ages, will investigate that huggababy, never heard if it before.

Bodkin Mon 22-Sep-08 21:27:04

Or a pouch sling (just google pouch sling - there are loads of em out there) - my nearly 15 month old is still fine in it (although she is quite teeny - but I can imagine her being in it until at least 2-3. And they roll up into virtually nothing.

mamazee Mon 22-Sep-08 21:28:52

get an ergo...they are fab.
my 18 month old loves it. you can hire a similar one from a website called patapum.
my ds is a big boy but i can walk with him for 2 hours. also more hands free than a huggababy.
good luck

halogen Tue 23-Sep-08 10:17:46

I weighed DD this morning on the scales with me and she's about 9kg, not sure how this compares to a 15 month old - it's very easy and comfortable to carry her in the ring sling, anyway. The nice thing is that she can change position herself, sitting up and lying down etc so I think she doesn't feel at all confined in there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now