Talk

Advanced search

Are any of the new washer/dryers as good as a separate washer and dryer?

(9 Posts)
franch Sun 21-Sep-08 10:04:25

IME they never have been - just wondered if anything's changed?

franch Sun 21-Sep-08 12:02:22

bump

lauraloola Sun 21-Sep-08 18:17:14

I really want a washer dryer as Im fed up of having 2 big machines. Everyone seems to be dead against them as they are more likely to break down? Im not convinced that this is the case anymore and will be buying one when my washing machine packs up. I could do with saving the space and will probably invest in a 5 year guarantee that shops offer just in case.

pushchair Sun 21-Sep-08 18:21:59

I have an indesit washer dryer and it is crap! It is about 4 years old thats true but I have had the repair man out 3 times to repair it was always the thermostat thingy. Now I barely use the dryer bit and am getting a new tumble dryer tomorrowgrin even though I have a tiny house and can't really afford it.

CaptainUnderpants Sun 21-Sep-08 18:35:23

Dont washer/dyers have smaller drums therefore smaller loads?

I will say that when my washer/dryer goes to the big laundrette in the sky I am going to get separates as by then I will have the room.

EvelynsDad Mon 22-Sep-08 10:16:57

They aren't all bad. We've had a Zanussi washer dryer for 13 years and we're happy with it.

It's had 3 repairs in that time. A stuck fan, a broken heating element and a door lock failure.

chatname Thu 25-Sep-08 15:41:49

There's a report about this in this week's Which - they're generally not as good as separate machines, although the Miele ones (which are really expensive) came near...

flowerybeanbag Thu 25-Sep-08 15:43:21

My Miele washer-dryer is fab.

franch Fri 26-Sep-08 10:21:43

Oddly enough we've just moved into a rented house temporarily and it has a Miele washer/dryer. I am impressed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now