Talk

Advanced search

Best Wii package /bundle to buy ?

(12 Posts)
CaptainUnderpants Sat 20-Sep-08 14:36:50

Cost appears to be very much the same amongst retailers , but what is the best bundle to buy for family enjoyment ?

Ohforfoxsake Sat 20-Sep-08 14:40:49

Are you looking for one with Wii-fit? What ages are your children?

If you are buying online check out Quidco. I got over £10 cashback buying mine through Game.

Also worth looking to get Wii Play as part of the bundle as it comes with a remote.

CaptainUnderpants Sat 20-Sep-08 14:43:40

Not necessarily with wii fit , children are aged 6 , 8 & 47 ( DH included ) grin

Ledodgy Sat 20-Sep-08 14:44:58

Game had one with the Mario cart game and the steering wheel for £170 I think.

Ledodgy Sat 20-Sep-08 14:45:46

£179.99

Ohforfoxsake Sat 20-Sep-08 15:00:10

wii-consoles.co.uk shows you bundles available.

Most consoles come with Wii Sports (including remote). I bought Wii Play and an extra nunchuck so my boys (5 + 6) can race each other.

CaptainUnderpants Sat 20-Sep-08 15:09:42

Brillant - that website is just what we need so we dont have to go back and fore to other websites .

Ok now explain what exactly the nunchuck does ? is it an essential piece of equipment ?

CaptainUnderpants Sat 20-Sep-08 15:11:08

sorry - the nunchuck is the bit you play with or is that the remote ?

Is there a book ' Wii for Dummies '? grin

ChippyMinton Sat 20-Sep-08 15:13:52

Nunchuck attaches to the remote, held in the other hand, and is used for some games (boxing on Wii sports for example).
I agree, get a second remote and nunchuck. You can play against each other then.
Popular games are Wii sports (which is included anyway) Lego Star Wars, Mario Kart, Mario Olympics, Big Brain Academy.

Ohforfoxsake Sat 20-Sep-08 15:24:26

love Mario & Sonic at the Olympics here. Boys are racing each other (yet to work out they only have to move their hands, so have been running on the spot flat out grin) I fancy Carnival Funfair Games as a family one.

Your local Game shop will trade in games too.

lauraloola Sat 20-Sep-08 22:25:05

Argos seem to be doing the best deals at the moment. Nearer Christmas there will be better deals.

CaptainUnderpants Sun 21-Sep-08 07:27:45

This is for a Christmas present but I dont want to leave it too late I remeber last year friends having trouble getting them as they were selling like hot cakes .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now