Talk

Advanced search

Anyone find me a wardrobe for DTDs with drawers for less than £70ish

(22 Posts)
RandomIdiot Sat 20-Sep-08 12:07:32

Ideally £50 would be better.

Room pink & purple so wood/white/pink/purple fine. Not cottage style pine.

Current best is this but would prefer to have a drawer(s).

RandomIdiot Sat 20-Sep-08 12:08:04

(oh and we have checkked ebay...but nothing for a reasonable price withing a reasonable area)

DisenchantedPlusBump Sat 20-Sep-08 12:10:33

I've bought this for my DD, dunno if its too little

but I have wicker baskets on the 3 tier shelf one which i put her vests and things in

RandomIdiot Sat 20-Sep-08 12:12:31

Thanks Disenchanted...I should have also said I am looking for something with solid sides to replace their fabric sided one. My fault.

DisenchantedPlusBump Sat 20-Sep-08 12:13:04

Ah right, lol, sorry!

FAQ Sat 20-Sep-08 12:14:42

lol glad I refreshed the thread - was going to suggest one of those fabric sided ones as we bought one for DS1 about 4yrs ago and it's still going strong.

Umlellala Sat 20-Sep-08 12:14:42

I was considering this and buying a chest of drawers to fit inside...

Argos? Freemans.com?

Am looking at one on ebay in nasty pine but figure I can paint it...

DisenchantedPlusBump Sat 20-Sep-08 12:17:12

bit over but nice

pink with drawers

RandomIdiot Sat 20-Sep-08 12:18:01

Yes that is our second choice Umellala...

Have you found a chest of drawers to fit inside?

DisenchantedPlusBump Sat 20-Sep-08 12:18:26

oops i meant this ...

sorry

RandomIdiot Sat 20-Sep-08 12:20:56

Yes I have seen those Disenchanted...I guess my problem is that we can get a really nice one at Ikea for £50 (the aneboda I first linked to in white)....so do we pay double just to have drawers IYSWIM...so I would like to get away with paying less if I can or the one without drawers will win on price. Does that make sense?

RandomIdiot Sat 20-Sep-08 12:25:25

I like this Like the price, have a voucher for 1000 points so would be £10 cheaper...but hate the colour [grrrrr]

Umlellala Sat 20-Sep-08 12:26:26

these should fit? You could easily paint/change knobs.

Or try ebay for chest of drawers.
Can'tt believe how expensive they are!

piratecat Sat 20-Sep-08 12:28:16

there are loads of paints random, iat diy stores, you could customise it. you'd be able to do it with a foam roller, and it would be great?

RandomIdiot Sat 20-Sep-08 12:29:01

hmmm will have a look when we are in Ikea...they will probably go in the Aneboda I linked. But for your reference too those drawers won't go in teh one you linked because of hte sliding drawers.

piratecat Sat 20-Sep-08 12:29:50

tbh you'd be better off with the ikea full length wardrobe, and then perhaps you could squeeze a little chest of drawers like umlellala sias in the room?

what were you going to put in the drawers?

RandomIdiot Sat 20-Sep-08 12:30:57

I have had vvvv bad experiences trying to paint over melamine. Looks good for a couple of weeks until it starts getting scratched. They have that brown one in white too...but of course that is out of stock.

RandomIdiot Sat 20-Sep-08 12:33:03

Undies...and maybe out of season clothes.

I want to put out arts and crafts crates in the base of the actual wardrobe which would make the drawers umlellala linked a bit trciky, but we could probably work around that with the shelf.

Umlellala Sat 20-Sep-08 12:35:16

hmm, could you build the wardrobe arounnd it? (havent fully investigated btw - am hoping for this ebay one...)

RandomIdiot Sat 20-Sep-08 12:37:04

Yes bu then you can't open the drawers as you can never have both drawers open/.

TBH I think I prefer teh Aneboda anyway...and it should go in that too.

RandomIdiot Sat 20-Sep-08 12:37:36

*sorry both wardrobe doors open

Umlellala Sun 21-Sep-08 08:51:51

Ahhhh yes, you are right of course! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now