Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Bag vs Rucksack

(18 Posts)
littlealex Sat 20-Sep-08 08:16:23

I want to get a rucksack suitable for carrying all the baby stuff - nappies, bottles etc but can't seem to find one on the internet. A normal baby bag won't let me have both hands free so I figure a rucksack is the answer - any ideas etc anyone? x

Slouchy Sat 20-Sep-08 08:23:38

Get a lovely bag you love. You will be carrying it for the next few years so don't get a manky nylon "Baby" one, just get one you will enjoy having with you. Nappy bags/rucksacks are all vile IMO.
If it is a rucksack you fancy, get a beautiful leather one. Yum.

littlealex Sat 20-Sep-08 08:25:25

Thanks slouchy - but do they do actual "made for baby gear" rucksacks anywhere do we know?

Slouchy Sat 20-Sep-08 08:27:55

Yes. But they are vile. And not that big either, for all the -crap- necessary things you have to take with you.

Will google for you but really, get a lovely leather one you feel proud of.

Slouchy Sat 20-Sep-08 08:29:52

see?vile

littlealex Sat 20-Sep-08 08:30:00

thanks for the advice!

barbiehouse Sat 20-Sep-08 08:30:26

lots of pram manufacturers usually make them - had a maclarens one for first baby, then saw the light and have an OiOi hobo for third!

WhatSheSaid Sat 20-Sep-08 08:33:59

Can you get Kapoochi bags in the UK? They were v popular at nursery I worked at. Lots of backpacks and they have pockets for bottles etc.

I use a backpack for dd's stuff but jsut a small normal one (not a special baby one). All I have in there for her is a cloth make-up bag that holds a couple of nappies, small pack of wipes and couple of plastic bags. If I take food out I bung it in a little tupperware container or whatever.

littlealex Sat 20-Sep-08 09:09:27

thanks all for the advice - some good links there! A x

littlealex Sat 20-Sep-08 09:10:42

oh yeah - you can get Kapoochi in UK here:

here

nicolamumof3 Sat 20-Sep-08 15:54:41

if you look on for sale boards, i think there is one for sale on there x

MarlaSinger Sat 20-Sep-08 15:57:06

Skip hop bags are quite nice and good for use on the pushchair. I still use a handbag though.

born2twinkle Sun 21-Sep-08 20:10:30

jansport rucksacs what i've got. less naff than baby bags

born2twinkle Sun 21-Sep-08 20:10:32

jansport rucksacs what i've got. less naff than baby bags

pushchair Sun 21-Sep-08 21:09:56

I've seen Jane rucksack type baby changing bags that looked quite nice. I'll try and find a link.

loveshopping Sun 21-Sep-08 21:10:17

I agree most baby bags look naff but what about a messenger style one that goes across the body and leaves both hands free. Will also clip on to the buggy if you need that.

pushchair Sun 21-Sep-08 21:26:13

Can't find it but found this
this
and this

mum2GKH Thu 09-Oct-08 20:00:42

if you are still looking for a backpack some here

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: