Talk

Advanced search

Help! What size bed for a toddler?

(4 Posts)
FKelly Fri 19-Sep-08 22:00:58

Have just discovered expecting #2 and we're eventually going to need the cotbed our 2yr old son is in at the moment.

I don't want DS#1 to feel he's being pushed out of his cotbed, he's just started to climb into his cotbed to get his favourite toys... so I've had the drop side in lowered postition for a while as I'm sure it won't be long before he figures out how to climb out as well!.

I'm confused with all the bed sizes... what is a normal childs bed? 3ft/2ft6/junoir/shorty/maxi?

I thought the Thuka & Flexa beds looked good as they can be expanded in time if need be when #2 is old enough... but stuck figuring out what size to get!

What do you have?

NomDePlume Fri 19-Sep-08 22:02:52

My DD went straight into a normal single bed (3ft) with a bed guard at 2yo. We had absolutely no problems with it.

SharkyandGeorge Fri 19-Sep-08 22:03:24

My just turned 2 year old has been in a normal sized single from about 20 months, she does look tiny in it but has always been fine and sleeps really well.

I think toddler beds are just a bit gimmicky and not really necessary but each to their own I suppose.

I had another DD when she was 18 months old so needed her cot for new baby.

FKelly Tue 23-Sep-08 20:08:16

Thanks for your help every one.. I'll go for a 3ft bed... just got to figure out which one to get now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now