Talk

Advanced search

what age did your child go into a backless booster seat

(7 Posts)
tinkcantwaitfor3dscan Fri 19-Sep-08 15:27:13

looking at getting britax evolva car seat for my 3 year old will it last her until age 11 years.
she is tiny for her age only weighs 11kg

sclubheaven Fri 19-Sep-08 15:34:02

DS1 is 5 and still uses the back on his - I think it's necessary so that the shoulder strap is in the correct place.

For short or emergency trips in someone elses car I would use the backless booster for both kids (5 and 3). But for general use the ones with the backs are better.

differentID Fri 19-Sep-08 15:35:20

tbh, it's not recommended they come out of highbacked until you can no longer extend the headrest any further, which is generally at about the age most children outgrow the need for one anywy- unles your lo has a long spine in proportion to the rest of her body.

tinkcantwaitfor3dscan Fri 19-Sep-08 15:38:52

so she may be in it till 11 years then?

LIZS Fri 19-Sep-08 15:41:17

dd has that one(she's just turned 7 and we removed the straps a while back but petite girl) and I don't anticipate her growing out of it before she is 11 . ds is 10 and still uses his highback (MC Rodi)even though he has exceeded the min height to go without. He finds it comfortable and it is safer

differentID Fri 19-Sep-08 15:44:43

yes. It's much safer for children to have some measure of back and side protection until they're 11 because their musculo-skeletal system will usually be strong enough to cope with accidents better by that age.

andyrobo237 Fri 19-Sep-08 20:32:56

DD is 6.5 and tall for her age (127cm) and still uses a high back booster seat - her choice, we have asked her if she wants the back off, as alot of her friends use the bases only.

My SIL has the Evolva -it doesnt separate does it?? It is expensive for that - we have a Maxi Cosi Rodi and if she goes in another car, we just take the base!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now