Talk

Advanced search

Best Home waxing kit & face mask?

(10 Posts)
DillyDally Fri 25-Feb-05 14:27:25

ready strips are preferable to warm kits as I do not have a microwave
I also need a face mask to return my skin from its grey current state to something more pinky - any suggestions?

expatinscotland Fri 25-Feb-05 14:54:44

K, I'm a waxer since I was 15 (that's nearly 20 years). The best by far IMO is Bliss Spa. BUT, this stuff is very, very expensive. Don't know about other products, b/c I use Bliss no matter what. I don't wax my own bikini line, however, as I've been going Brazilian for years.

As for mask, Dermologica products all the way!

DillyDally Fri 25-Feb-05 15:06:35

Is that only available from the bliss spa in London town? or do you use t'internet?

expatinscotland Fri 25-Feb-05 15:19:53

I got them online till we got a Harvey Nick's in town. Bliss ROX! I usually use TendSkin before waxing at home. When I first started, I got a script for a topical analgesic creme called Emla, but not all folks need it and I don't a/more.

DillyDally Fri 25-Feb-05 15:21:11

Have you been to the salon then? I haven't but was tempted when they first opened?
I shall pop down to beyond beauty and have a nosey
thanks

expatinscotland Fri 25-Feb-05 15:38:34

No, I haven't been to a Bliss salon, but it would be on my list of 'If I won the Lotto, I would . . .' If only! Their products are ace, however. Much better than BeneFit IMHO.

DillyDally Fri 25-Feb-05 15:41:42

Not a large benefit fan, i have the leg stuff you put on with a velvet pad and it is hard to apply, though the sparkle is nice
Currently am looking forward to going to the elemis spa as have a voucher to use...but need to wax first as am slightly gorilla esque at present

expatinscotland Fri 25-Feb-05 15:53:47

I admire your courage, Dilly. It was some years before I braved waxing at home, and still won't or can't do bikini at home. But legs, well, no prob at all!

DillyDally Fri 25-Feb-05 16:01:17

My sister does her armpits but I draw the line at that...it stings just thinking about it.

expatinscotland Fri 25-Feb-05 16:04:21

K, I do my armpits. After a few years of waxing, you lose sensitivity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now