Talk

Advanced search

Home base - toy storage thing - does anyone have one of these?

(15 Posts)
tullytwo Thu 18-Sep-08 15:46:14

this

I cant find the thread anywhere but I remember someone asking about them.

It seems cheaper than I remember and Ithink they must be discontinuing it as its gone from the 'normal' area in the shop.

Just wondering if they are actually any use storage wise?

morethanyoubargainfor Thu 18-Sep-08 15:47:53

They are really small, and quite deep for Lo to reach into. I remember doing a test with my 3yo in the store and he had great difficulty, so needless to say we didn't buy.

tullytwo Thu 18-Sep-08 15:49:52

Oh really - bugger - I quite liked it!

Thanks tho - good to know. Was hoping to amalgamate all the toys into one unit!

BigTeuchLittleTeuch Thu 18-Sep-08 15:50:01

I had my eye on this for ages but I did think it was a bit small instore.

I didn't want to spend £40 on it, but if it comes down again I might consider it! grin

tortoiseshell Thu 18-Sep-08 15:51:41

The absolute best toy storage system I think is from Ikea - Trofast - you use buckets and shelves, and there are various shapes of frame.

tullytwo Thu 18-Sep-08 15:56:07

I love the Ikea stuff but I dont really have room for it in the living room - wanted something less obtrusive and also our nearest Ikea is a couple of hours away so I have yet to go!

BTLT - do you think £31.99 is a cheaper price then - I thought the same. Also have a £4 off voucher to make it even cheaper!
Thanks for feedback ladies - always helps smile

noolia Thu 18-Sep-08 17:37:18

I have one. It is very jolly. The 'drawers' are quite small but it was the cheapest thing I could find without going down the plastic tub road. It has got quite sharp corners though.

Piffle Thu 18-Sep-08 17:42:15

yep have one in living room good for chucking all the loose little toys in at the end of the day
The handles are quite fragile not suitable for heavy toys
But we like it!
Ikea trofast is king really though

tullytwo Thu 18-Sep-08 17:49:49

Oh good a few positive remarks - am tempted -especially as it seems a bit cheaper than usual!

mum2jakeyroo Thu 18-Sep-08 17:52:44

We have it and tbh really like it for all the little toys that don't really have a home.

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Thu 18-Sep-08 17:54:38

We have one in DS1's room (t'was £70 when we bought it a few years ago envy wink) TBH the drawers are really quite small, but we have taken the drawers out of it, and use it as a bookcase thing, with boxes on top holding more books.

tullytwo Thu 18-Sep-08 17:57:22

The Ikea stuff is all plastic boxes tho isnt it?

ClareVoiant Thu 18-Sep-08 18:21:45

we have one, i bought it in the sale though for £20. i think its fab. it sits in ds's tiny (1.8m x 2m) room with other stuff on top of it. its great for smaller stuff. i.e. one is full of small cars/vehicles, one has brio, one has soft toys, one has bob the builder etc. its great because we just take out one at a time and take them downstairs, ds (nearly 3) empties out his toys, then chucks them all back in at the end of the day and we take it back upstairs. because they are not very big, they're quite manageable for a 3 yr old (even when full of metal cars). looking forward to filling one with playmobil after his birthday next week. smile

Piffle Thu 18-Sep-08 18:38:24

we got it on sale for £20 too
If you want nice fabric go to gltc for very nice ones
But I've recently come to conclusion that toys belong in kids rooms (trofast) in liv room in one big wicker trunk and the hpmebase thing actually fits in front of our ikea besta media units and stops ds2 from opening sliding doors and wrecking CDs etc

Playmobil Thu 18-Sep-08 18:45:05

I had one until ds2 was learning to walk, wobbled and cut his head open on it. The edges are sharp. He has a permanent scar from it. Sorry to put you off, trofast has rounded edges and is more durable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now