Talk

Advanced search

Before I spend lots of money does anyone have a stroller they want rid of?

(28 Posts)
claireybee Thu 18-Sep-08 13:49:28

Must be umbrella folding, recline flat or almost flat and have a hood. Must also be in good enough condition not to fall apart when I push it on dirt tracks. Also dh says no pink for his ds grin
Would rather not spend more than 20 plus p&p for it but may be persuaded to pay a bit more

misdee Thu 18-Sep-08 13:51:41

i have a maclaren ryder in chesnut. needs a raincover. its in good condition, suitable for 3months+.

would like £25 plus courier.

can do pics later on.

claireybee Thu 18-Sep-08 14:06:55

Sounds good...how flat does it lie?

misdee Thu 18-Sep-08 14:07:55

quite flat. not completely, but enough for babies to sleep comfortably in.

claireybee Thu 18-Sep-08 14:21:15

Ok good..we are going to botswana to stay with family, ds is going to have to sleep in it quite a bit during day as have lots of people to catch up with! Can you do a pic of it reclined for me? Is it a discontinued make? Can't find much about it on google

misdee Thu 18-Sep-08 14:31:16

its been redesigned with a bigger relcine to make it suitable from birth, but usually only gets used for maclaren limited editions (kate spade designers, spitfire design, 4 seasons). its is the one that falls between a quest and a techno XT. i used one for dd3 from 4months and she slept fine in it. i got this one for dd4 (due nov) but need one suitble from birth really for the car, so this one is spare.

email me djmisdee@hotmail.com and will sort out pictures for you later on tonight.

nicolamumof3 Thu 18-Sep-08 15:10:13

I would just like to add that i had a ryder sold for much more than £25 earlier this year so this is a bargain, they are lovely pushchairs. I used for my both my ds' from around 4m. mine did have the lovely faux fur footmuff. i miss it. great buggy.

misdee Thu 18-Sep-08 15:50:08

they are great. i have upgraded to the newer one, as its suitable from birth.

have taken pics now. i know i can get more for it, but need it out of the way ASAP as my new one arrives on monday

tullytwo Thu 18-Sep-08 15:53:00

Misdee is the buggy queen on here too so it will be a great buggy - what I mean is dont be worried about the quality of it iykwim as it will be grand!grin

nicolamumof3 Thu 18-Sep-08 15:59:24

oooh misdee what have you got coming, not a four seasons or a spitfire??? I want either of those soooo much, but just bought a p&t so can't have another!

Flumpybumpy Thu 18-Sep-08 16:01:55

If you are still looking I have a Maclaren Daytripper that reclines but not flat, it has a hood.

Umbrella fold and it is Navy Blue. Would be looking for £15 + P&P.

Can do pics if you are interested.

FB x

misdee Thu 18-Sep-08 16:02:48

no. kate spade birattz (sp??). was a bargain price for one that has been used twice by a friend. its on the usa maclarenbaby.com site.

i loved the ryder so much, but just didnt have the extra for the 4 seasons.

claireybee Thu 18-Sep-08 16:22:00

Misdee I have emailed you grin

Tully that's mainly why I posted on here asking, with ebay used buggies you can get sold any old crap but I trust mumsnetters a little bit more

misdee Thu 18-Sep-08 16:26:20

have replied and sent pics

claireybee Thu 18-Sep-08 16:28:36

Hasn't come through yet

misdee Thu 18-Sep-08 16:32:05

have resent.

claireybee Mon 22-Sep-08 13:44:28

Misdee I LOVE you! I was only hoping for a knackered old thing and I got that! Only problem is that dd said "It's MY new buggy not doudou's" and is fighting him for it despite normally refusing to go in the pushchair hmm

Delivery guy was very impressed with your packaging too!

misdee Tue 23-Sep-08 16:03:11

blush

didnt see this yesterday, but thank you, and thanks for the email as well.

my new one arrived yesterday and i love it, but dd3 is insisting its hers and not the baby's lol.

nicolamumof3 Tue 23-Sep-08 16:43:37

oh the maclaren ryder...they are lovely...still missing mine sad you can get gorgeous faux fur footmuffs for them too in brown. thats what i had! but guess you won't need for you hols! X

Flibbertyjibbet Tue 23-Sep-08 16:52:05

I have a maclaren ryder, paid a lot more than £25 second hand!!!

Yes its fab it will do you for years as my sons are both very tall but they are not too big for it.

The handle on the side thats meant for carrying it is fab for a toddler to think its a special handle for holding on to when crossing the road smile

DS2 asks for it and will sit in it even if we aren't going anywhere!!

<<wanders off to stroke Ryder footmuff>>

nicolamumof3 Tue 23-Sep-08 16:57:33

yes isn't the footmuff gorgeous!! Have you got the brown one or the one with cream lining? i sold mine with the footmuff earlier in the summer for £60 x

claireybee Tue 23-Sep-08 18:02:12

Took it for a test drive earlier and ds was very comfy in it and slept too so it has passed all tests! Flibberty you are so right about the handle-dd looked at it and said "ooh that's for Caia" and held on the whole way.

misdee Tue 23-Sep-08 18:41:44

can you leave me feedback on the feedback forum please

just relaised i sell stuff but never get feedback sad lol

Flibbertyjibbet Tue 23-Sep-08 22:41:27

Mine is brown. Thats about what I paid to another mumsnetter for mine but it wasn't you!

DS2 doesn't need a buggy much now, the past 2 saturdays he has walked to the shops with me holding on to the handle and I'm quite happy to push my empty Ryder grin, you know, just in case he gets a bit tired!

DP likes it too as its high enough for him to push (he is 6'1") without getting backache.

Mine has the raincover too - sometimes i wonder how much I can ask for the buggy, cosytoe and raincover when the time comes (sob). When you compare them to the trendy prams that are about now which are worthless as soon as the fashion changes, well these Maclarens are a better investment than property these days gringrin

nicolamumof3 Wed 24-Sep-08 07:27:43

I did sell it to a mnetter who sold it on....it might be mine lol!!! I think I sold it to cherrypie?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now