Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Phil & Teds - Vibe vs. Sport - which one is better?

(17 Posts)
Spink Thu 18-Sep-08 12:59:57

especially bearing in mind the cost - are the 'upgrades' on the Vibe worth it?
And does anyone know how the Dash compares??

We will prob get one of these (ideally would like a double Mountain Buggy but a space-in-the-hallway issue has put paid to that)

Ta!

AprilMeadow Thu 18-Sep-08 22:42:11

I had a P&T sport and it was fantastic. Then i saw a Vibe and was very jealous. It looks so nice and so very comfy.... I stopped the lady asked her all about it grin

Not much help i know but if i could choose again then i would go Vibe

nicolamumof3 Fri 19-Sep-08 06:26:17

I love my sport got the blue camo which is a bit different. I don't like the vibe its too modern looking for me!! And theres something about it. im not sure its worth it either.

Spink Fri 19-Sep-08 08:22:49

what do you like about your Sports?
I know a P&T is the obvious (sensible) choice for us but I need you to make me WANT IT grin

nicolamumof3 Fri 19-Sep-08 08:55:23

Spink i know how you feel, i never WANTED a p&t but once i'd sold my other pushchairs including a side by side double i realised i needed something. I didn't want a p&t as you see them everywhere, and they just look like a 'utility' pushchair to me. i like 'pretty' pushchairs or something luxurious nicely padded etc, etc. My hubby suggested the camo blue, don't know why he did. It came and i loved the different colour! I've not seen one in the flesh before. Then i used it for the first time and what a liberation. The boys are happy in it (ds2 is 2.8yrs, ds3 is 14m) it is so easy to push even uphill with my two chunky lads in it! I don't find it much heavier with them both in or just with my 14m old in. its easy to steer one handed and hold onto my son, its good offroad, easy to keep clean! i could go on and on! I bought mine from the oxford pram centre and cannot recommend them highly enough, a good deal and great c/s. Right essay over now!! Oh you can accessorise them too and funk them up a bit!
www.picturetrail.com/nicolaspushchairs

nicolamumof3 Fri 19-Sep-08 08:56:17

maybe i should work for p&t PR dept. ha,ha!!
see also www.snunkie.co.uk

pramspotter Fri 19-Sep-08 09:33:47

I'm with you Nicola. I am always raving about P&T. I have had an E3 for nearly 4 years now but have replaced the seat and funked it up. It looks like new and my youngest is nearly out of it. Will use it again for baby number 4.

Spink Fri 19-Sep-08 10:19:37

ooh, thanks, I'm warming to it a little... give me more!!
pramspotter - if you were getting one now, would you go for the Vibe or Sport?

Having thought about it, I think my real agenda is that I want to be told the Sport is great, in fact prob better than the Vibe, as it is so much more affordable. One of my reservations is that I would need to fold it every time I come home (live in a house converted into flats and the neighbours would be angry if we left an open buggy in the hall) - is it a real PITA to take the doubles bit off the Sport so you can fold it?

nicolamumof3 Fri 19-Sep-08 10:23:45

takes about 2 seconds to take off, v.v.easy!

pramspotter Fri 19-Sep-08 10:29:06

It is pretty easy. You need two hands though. You push down on a little metal button thing on each side at the same time and slide it out.

I would go for the sport if I had to buy one again. But I think my e3 will last forever. The only reason I needed to replace the bits that I have replaced are because I have been using it for years and my kids are uber destructive and messy. It has been going strong for nearly 4 years. People either love or hate P&T. I love mine.

littleducks Fri 19-Sep-08 11:18:24

the pita with folding is that it is a two hand job, is there somewhere for you to put baby while you fold?

sunshade on sport is rubbish

vibe prob not worth the extra

Spink Fri 19-Sep-08 11:27:55

baby would have to go on the floor while I folded..
I don't mind 2-handed folding, most buggies are aren't they? As long as it is quick and easy. It's only if I am red faced and swearing because it's so complicated that I'd be put off!!

Spink Fri 19-Sep-08 11:29:23

littleducks - is the Sport sunshade just too small? I've seen the Vibe one and tho it's big, dh didn't like it because "it flapped around", not being attached to anything at the back.

nicolamumof3 Fri 19-Sep-08 11:29:53

i've never folded mine as i don't drive lol!! They aren't too bad though to do from memory once you get the knack. don't trap your fingers are you are ok. The wheels come off too (handy when wheels have got muddy) and save space in boot.

littleducks Fri 19-Sep-08 11:36:36

too small, provides no shade and sun comes in from behind if the seat is recined at all, which isnt nice for a sleeping child

moomaa Fri 19-Sep-08 20:06:03

I have the Vibe, I love it. Is it worth the extra? I'm not sure, depends on how tight money is. It has bigger, more comfy seats. The hood is massive, which I like. The handle brake is really good, much better than the sport. On the other hand the Sport is a fair bit smaller. My Vibe won't fit through my friend's door, but her sport will fit. Having said that, it's the only door I haven't fit through.

The Vibe folds with the doubles seat on, but this makes folding a bit of a faff, and sounds better than it is. Like others said, it's easy to get the seat on and off.

I love talking about pushchairs, can you tell

moomaa Fri 19-Sep-08 20:07:56

ps the shade doesn't flap around in practice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now