Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My DD is one next week - what on earth shall I get her?

(18 Posts)
Flossish Wed 17-Sep-08 21:50:57

I have brought her a dolly but want to get something else too! My mum has the fisher price walker stroller for the doll - but what else is good for a one year old girl? i should add I have an older DS so a lot of the 'baby' toys we already have from his time as a baby. smile I'm thinking about the fisher price magic motion zoo but I'm a little worried about spending that kind of money and wasting it tbh!! Any ideas - I'm sorry this topic must have been done a million times before but I am finding I'm hopeless at girls toys!!

leoemma Wed 17-Sep-08 21:52:23

We got our dd 1 last month the fisher price laugh and learn kitchen - £39.99 in toys r us and both her and our 3 year old love it.

Bowddee Wed 17-Sep-08 21:55:39

Some empty boxes and cheap wrapping paper. Make sure the wrapping paper is the cheap, because the more expensive stuff tends to have glitter or a sheen on it which can come off.

You DD will have LOADS of fun!

Oh, and I also bought DS one of those Activity Cubes from Toys R Us.

He preferred the paper!

fourlittlefeet Wed 17-Sep-08 21:57:37

one of those bubble machines; fairly cheap and very popular! Also good shape sorter.

Flossish Wed 17-Sep-08 22:01:19

four little feet - we have both! blush both brought as presents for ds (ie it's not me who spoils him!!)

DD has a tendancy to eat paper... grin

Was considering a kitchen for xmas but I'll have a nosey at that as I agree DS who is nearly 4 will love that!

fourlittlefeet Wed 17-Sep-08 22:02:24

how about an ark or a farm?

Flossish Wed 17-Sep-08 22:03:38

omg I'm in love with that kitchen!! grin

Now to convince DP!! smile

llynnnn Wed 17-Sep-08 22:06:14

dd loved her little tramploine when she was one (still uses it now tbh!!)

Flossish Wed 17-Sep-08 22:07:36

OMG my children sound so spoilt. We've just today got back from my mum's where they have brought one for their house, and she liked it but didn't seem to 'love' it.

fourlittlefeet Thu 18-Sep-08 11:47:48

llynnnn; I'm thinking of a trampoline for a 16 month old for christmas; which one was it please?

llynnnn Thu 18-Sep-08 11:52:50

www.woolworths.co.uk/web/jsp/product/index.jsp?pid=50844563

its very similar to this one, ours was from elc though iirc

never done a link before! hope it works!!

fourlittlefeet Fri 19-Sep-08 13:35:50

thank you! do you leave it out and let them use it when they want... or supervised only?

stealthsquiggle Fri 19-Sep-08 13:43:45

I got one of these (table & chairs) for his 1st birthday and painted them - he still won't part with them to pass on to DD, so I may have to do her one of her own, although I was also considering doing a paint job on this dolls bed instead / as well.

We had the toys issue as well - DD got a little people noah's ark which she absolutely loves and went well with the little people garage which DS had. Other than that, and dolls (which other people bought her - we had no idea she wanted one blush) I can't remember what else she got. Specifically, other than clothes, I can't remember anything we got her blush. She is going to get a £6 dolls buggy for her 2nd birthday though because I know that's what she wants more than anything in the world.

llynnnn Fri 19-Sep-08 15:46:30

i have always left it out but our house is very open plan so I can see her pretty much all the time!
its not very high off the ground and doesnt bounce them high iykwim so no more dangerous than them climbing onto a chair, i feel??

fourlittlefeet Fri 19-Sep-08 18:08:44

fab; just wasn't sure due to the warnings on the product site, you know how they are. doesn't really give you a feel for what to do in real terms though!

BandofMothers Fri 19-Sep-08 18:10:31

I got dd2 the little people zoo, she still loves it now she is 2, and so does dd1 who is nearly 5

andyrobo237 Fri 19-Sep-08 20:30:40

We got DS very little for his first birthday - no body noticed, and if they did ask, we said we have put money away in his savings account for him. As a second child we had loads of toys and not enough room for much more, so we did this - and will be doing the same for christmas as he is 2 in Feb.

NoblesseOblige Fri 19-Sep-08 20:32:11

dd2 got a forward facing carseat for her first birthday.

for xmas last year she got dd1s old toys from the loft.

they are too young to care whether it came from harrods or oxfam.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now