Talk

Advanced search

Help! Which 9months - 4years car seat do I buy?!

(10 Posts)
GillianLovesMarmite Wed 17-Sep-08 16:05:47

Hi all,

my ds is almost 8 months and nearly the right weight for the next car seat. However, I am bewildered by the choice and do not know what to go with. I would appreciate any advice on which is safest/best.
We have a toyota corolla (06) and a ford fiesta (56) and the seat must fit in both cars.
Thanks (grin)

This one because it's brilliant. grin

GillianLovesMarmite Wed 17-Sep-08 16:23:49

Cheers WTWTW - it certainly looks good and the recommendations are positive. Will see what else is recommended and do a bit more research, but it's great coming on here and getting advice from people who use them (rather than the sales people in the shop!).

lillypie Wed 17-Sep-08 16:30:16

We have this one and it's good for us.The Britax website will tell you if it will fit in your cars.

amidaiwish Wed 17-Sep-08 19:02:15

i've been very happy with my Maxi Cosi Priori XP.
great multi position recline function means they sleep well if you want them to.

here

Remembered this earlier.

It's basically the same as the other one, (which is what I have) but it is newer, and swivels on its base for you to put your child in, very clever.

May be hard to appreciate at the mo. but when they get big and heavy and esp. when they are asleep, this would be a real back saver.

Just a thought.

GillianLovesMarmite Thu 18-Sep-08 19:35:53

The seat with the swivel is genius! grin what a brilliant idea! - it's now top of my list...

D1974 Sat 20-Sep-08 23:43:21

Hiya
Not sure if you've heard that rearfacing seats for this age range are 5 times safer than forward facing ones. Find out all the info at www.rearfacing.co.uk , there is an alternative out there. Cheers.

GillianLovesMarmite Sun 21-Sep-08 13:30:14

Hi D1974 - thanks for the link - I'll have a look - I had seen a discussion saying something about that the other month, but then forgot about it until you mentioned it <off to look at car seats...>

GillianLovesMarmite Sun 21-Sep-08 13:58:11

Have just looked at the website and are off to Halfords to look at Britax 0+1s which can be used rear facing up to 13kg as the other ones on the website were difficult to obtain... but on the balance of evidence it does look much safer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now