Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Extended Stairgates.Please help

(15 Posts)
mum2oliver Thu 24-Feb-05 22:28:36

The gap I need to fit is 110cm.Please can someone tell me where I can get one.Iv tried everwhere.The argos catalogue says the lindam ones (£19.99 one) fit up to 110cm with extensions but it mentions nothing about the extensions.where do i get these from.

irishbird Thu 24-Feb-05 22:39:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

toomanypushchairs Thu 24-Feb-05 22:47:44

usually once you've bought the gate you can get extensions through a leaflet enclosed. Argos sell the gates aswell

BethAndHerBrood Fri 25-Feb-05 09:37:05

I bought a gate from toys r us. It's two panels and you fix them together at whatever width you need. It's also beech, so looks a bit nicer than the metal ones, which is good as it's on the bottom of the stairs and you can see it from the living room.

oooggs Fri 25-Feb-05 17:49:05

Sorry to gate crash BUT........

I need something to fit 53" (135cm)

Any bright ideas???????

Yorkiegirl Fri 25-Feb-05 17:52:19

Message withdrawn

Yorkiegirl Fri 25-Feb-05 17:53:08

Message withdrawn

oooggs Fri 25-Feb-05 19:41:18

Looks good but only up to 51", can it be adjusted?

Yorkiegirl Fri 25-Feb-05 19:42:59

Message withdrawn

Mum2Ela Fri 25-Feb-05 19:43:14

Mine is the same as BethAndHerBrood and its fab cos its not like a gate and then you add bits on, its like 2 gats that you overlap to be the correct size iyswim. Toys r us.

oooggs Fri 25-Feb-05 19:44:43

Do you think the one from toys r us would fill a gap that wide?

Mum2Ela Fri 25-Feb-05 19:47:54

It fits up to 1027mm. Is that 127cm? Sorry, bein thick! So ooogs,no it wouldn't.

But you could do what my dad used to do in our house and attach a piece of wood to the wall and affix the gate to that

oooggs Sat 26-Feb-05 15:05:26

thanks for checking Mum2ela. Something we will have to think about. The house which we are buying has an arch from lounge/dinner to kitchen and I don't really want to change it to doors.

marthamoo Sat 26-Feb-05 15:10:02

We have an open plan kitchen dining room and used three sections (gate and a panel either side) from one of these

I think you can just buy the three sections somewhere - Littlewoods online?

marthamoo Sat 26-Feb-05 15:13:15

No, it's not Littlewoods. I know I bought the whole playpen from Kiddicare (knowing I was only going to use three sections) and later saw it just as a three-section barrier in a catalogue at MILs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: