Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

does anyone drive a toyoto corolla verso?

(18 Posts)
MerlinsBeard Wed 17-Sep-08 12:40:30

And can you tell me all the positives and negatives please?

going for a test drive etc later and DP asked me to "MN it" and see if there was anything we need to be aware of. We are looking at an 07 plate one and the avensis is no good because of the way the seats at the back fold - long complicated story but we need 7 seats and a boot and when the seats are folded down they need to go flat basically

pooka Wed 17-Sep-08 12:47:52

Well I have one, and I've found it to be really good. But am concerned that you might want 7 seats AND a boot at the same time. Because if so, I don't think the Verso is for you. When all the seats are up, there is v. little boot space (perhaps just enough, but only just, for an umbrella fold pushchair. Certainly not for much else.

I have a Sept 2006 verso Tspirit D4D (though god knows what that means). Is a diesel.

I enjoy driving it, the driving position is good and it is not so huge that you cannot park most places.

I have the parking sensors (front and back) which are great but have deskilled me a bit when it comes to judging distances when parking blush

Have had no problems with it and the customer service has been good.

MerlinsBeard Wed 17-Sep-08 12:57:32

oh sorry, i meant that there has to a bit of a boot for small buggy and picnic stuff

i don't drive so will be DP drivinggrin

pooka Wed 17-Sep-08 13:31:35

Well there is a small boot, but I suppose the best thing is to try it in all the seat/boot configurations you can, and then see.
I see you have 3 children. I can fit three seats (2 maxi cosi rodis and 1 priori) side by side in the middle row. Is a squeuze getting the belts clicked in, but otherwise is pretty comfy and fine.

Alternatively, I have in the past had 2 in the back, 1 in the middle and used the middle footwell for stuff like pushchair and bags.

The boot is a good size, because is quite high (beacuse the car is fairly tall). I do really like mine.

pooka Wed 17-Sep-08 13:33:22

The only thing I can think of to be aware of is that the plastic trim is a bit feeble (the bits that go over the adjusting bits of the seats and things. THey pop off occasionally, but can be put back on.

I have heard that sometimes the boots don't shut properly straight away, but I haven't had this problem (but then I am a bit of a door slammer).

shhhh Wed 17-Sep-08 19:48:52

I had one till March this year when I got a Nissan qashqai.

I soooo loved my verso. I had it from new for around 2 years and tbh the only reason I changed it was because I wanted a car that a bit more "funky mummy" ikiwm blush grin. I found the verso screamed I HAVE KIDS which obviously I do ( a 3yr and 18 mth old) but part of me wanted to still feel young..!

I found space brill and it was much bigger than I have now..boot space was huge and easily fitted a double buggy and bags or two single buggies and shopping. I never found any problems with it and even found toyota customer services brill.

Look at the smax as this is very similar to the verso and in fact my be slightly bigger and have extras iykwim..little storage boxes etc. BUT think they may start at 07 plates..??? Quite a new car..

How did it go today..? Oh, I also loved the drivers position. Made me feel high up, easy to drive and part even given its size. Lovely smooth car to drive.
I had the T3 model.(i think...)

shhhh Wed 17-Sep-08 19:49:57

I never had any trouble with the door/boot shutting either or with anything "popping off" grin.

MerlinsBeard Wed 17-Sep-08 20:55:37

oooh thank you for replies

went well, we have about £1k left to pay on ours so as a part ex it would just pay off the finance which is fine. They are looking into finance options for us but they really were fantastic! They put a dvd on in the showroom for DS1 and 2 and made me a brew, when i bf ds3 they asked if i wanted somewhere private to go. and the car is LOVELY.

We looked at the s max but they haven;t really come down enough for that to be an option for us, plus DP drives and prefers this one.

Having said that, i can actually see over the wheel and the drivers dash (its very big in our current car) and i feel comfortable in teh drovers side so learning to drive would actually be an option.

We will find out in a few days, i reaaaaaaly hope it goes thru or i can't go out with the rest of my "men" after xmas

ComeOVeneer Wed 17-Sep-08 21:00:27

Come a bit late to this but, we have had one since Jan of this year and it is great. Only negative in my mind is the bonnet slopes and you can't see the end when parking (haven't got parking snsors).

MerlinsBeard Wed 17-Sep-08 21:05:59

can you normally see the end of your car when you are sat in drivers side then?

shhhh Wed 17-Sep-08 21:13:36

cov,when I first got my verso I must admit I felt like I coulnd't see "everything" and on my test drive I was sure I was going to take out a set of road works BUT tbh I got used to it within days...I loved the postion...smile.

MOM, depends on your height and seat position..! I usually can't see all the bonnet so just gestimate grin.

MerlinsBeard Fri 19-Sep-08 14:11:11

well toyota won't give us finance, they are trying their third party(or something like that) but looks unlikely we will get the car

weepootle Fri 19-Sep-08 14:19:13

Hope they can work something out for you mom. We went to look at the Verso today and going back tomorrow to test drive- was just about to start a thread when I saw this!

EvelynsDad Fri 19-Sep-08 15:40:10

No Toyota finance isn't necessarily bad, I would expect main dealer finance to be pricey. Have you shopped around for a loan?

mumofmonstaaarrrs Fri 19-Sep-08 16:32:24

my credit is shite so we were hoping that it would sneak thru as we have moved, DPs credit is ok and that we have only ever missed 1 payment of our current car finance and that was their error at the start not mine! We'll see.

EvelynsDad Mon 22-Sep-08 08:19:54

If your credit is poor, but DP's is good, you might be able to get an acceptable deal out of DP's bank. If he's been with them a while and he's been a good customer, they should be happy to give him a car loan.

MerlinsBeard Mon 22-Sep-08 21:25:11

we have been approved for £6.5k so we can get one that is more used than the used one we were originally looking at (that doesn't make sense but i don't know how else to put it!)

Have phoned the toyota man and they have some in other toyota showrooms and he is being very good and getting some brought over for us to see in RL rather than online

EvelynsDad Tue 23-Sep-08 10:45:11

£6,500 should get you something reasonable. Remember the sticker price is just a starting point for negotiating. Just say I like the look of this car, but it's on at whatever, If it's within a grand of the sticker price they'll probably do a deal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now