Talk

Advanced search

BABYHAWK MEI TAI OR BECO BUTTERFLY/ 4TH GEN?

(12 Posts)
spendalittlelivealot Tue 16-Sep-08 23:21:08

FORA 7 WEEKER WITH A VIEW TO LASTING AS LONG AS POSSIBLE ANS BEING COMFORTABLE ON LONG WALKS.
OPINIONS PLEASE XX

ummadam Wed 17-Sep-08 08:31:18

haven't tried a beco but my babyhawk is very comfortable and I can use it for hours. DS started going in it when he was about 5 months old though and I used a moby wrap until then as it was more comfortable with a newborn to tuck them up into and easier to get him in and out for feeds, nappy changes etc. He is now 8 months and nearly 9kg and I'm planning on spending the day out shopping in london with him in the babyhawk.

JoyS Wed 17-Sep-08 09:38:10

I have a napsack mei tai and the butterfly. DH loves the beco but i can't make it comfortable for me. napsack is really comfy, 8 week old very snug in it and wide straps distribute weight nicely.

Was very disappointed by the beco as i'd expected an infant version of the ergo, but it just doesn't fit the same. sad

spendalittlelivealot Wed 17-Sep-08 11:50:18

so.. 2 votes 4 mei tai's... quite fitting my dds middle name is mei lol

cmotdibbler Wed 17-Sep-08 11:56:40

I have a Toddlerhawk (bigger version of the BabyHawk) and it has been great - well made, comfortable, and looks great. I much prefer MTs to SSCs as they are much more adjustable to fit you.

LostGirl Wed 17-Sep-08 13:23:01

I carry my now 9 month dd in napsack mei tai for hours at a time and she couldn't be happier!

Yeni Wed 17-Sep-08 15:30:43

I've got both. I prefer the BabyHawk for front carries on short trips and the Beco Butterfly on my back for long walks. The Beco is a bit of a fiddle to get DS into, particularly if you are used to doing back carries in other carriers into but it is very comfortable once on.

I haven't had much luck with the BabyHawk on my back yet but I expect to get more use out of it as DS gets older.

spendalittlelivealot Wed 17-Sep-08 16:17:35

we have a vaude jolly comfort for back carries when dd is older anyway, so it will be essentially just front carries i need it for x

foxytocin Wed 17-Sep-08 16:19:26

spendalittle, my BH is still available. i noticed you posted about it yesterday.

spendalittlelivealot Wed 17-Sep-08 16:26:42

thanks foxy, gonna show my hubby later (have to have the approval as he will need to wear it too lol) xx

claireybee Thu 18-Sep-08 13:43:13

I used a wrap when ds was that age but I love my babyhawk for him now. Have only worn him on my front in it a couple of times when I was getting the bus but have done loads of walking with him on my back and it is really comfortable (though if I am going to be putting him on and leaving him there for a while I still prefer the wrap). Really easy to get him on/off with the babyhawk so great when he is going to be in and out of the sling.

Stefka Thu 18-Sep-08 17:16:41

DS is 11 months and I am still using my babyhawk - love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now