Talk

Advanced search

what are the combi buggys like

(22 Posts)
babyjjbaby Tue 16-Sep-08 20:54:04

thinking of getting one for the bus with a adjusatble legrest

nicolamumof3 Tue 16-Sep-08 21:46:46

I had a combie we2 double it was my first ever double. it was ok, but the seats never came upright enough, the seat liners and footmuffs were usually it was alright, not sure what the singles are like?

babyjjbaby Tue 16-Sep-08 21:49:59

thanks wished i could see one they don't seem very poular but like nice and small

nicolamumof3 Tue 16-Sep-08 21:55:36

the double was light and folded compactly i would say that!

babyjjbaby Tue 16-Sep-08 22:04:57

sum1 must have a single one i can't even find a second hand one lol

lecohen Wed 15-Oct-08 21:42:18

Hiya,

I have a single one - combi flash and highly recommend it...I am now considering the combi double as expecting again but wanted to see if anyone else has anything to say about them first.

babyjjbaby Wed 15-Oct-08 22:52:57

has ur one got a legrest the seats look a bit shallow

lecohen Wed 15-Oct-08 22:59:07

Hiya,

Do you mean so that the legs can remain up as in lying down?

If yes, there is a bar in either side that is supposed to hold up the end for that purpose but it's not very effective.

I never found it a prob though as my dd could lie in it comfortably (and horizontally) when smaller (2 now) but now she hardly ever sleeps in buggy anyway so not an issue.

A friend has offered to sell me her combi double that she has barely used...I am considering it as have been happy with the single despite bits of it that I would change but just don't know if I will really need a double (there will be 2 yrs 2 months between them).

babyjjbaby Wed 15-Oct-08 23:02:23

oh well if u ever sell it let me know lol i love adjustable leg rests so there legs don't dangle

nicolamumof3 Thu 16-Oct-08 09:25:25

Is it a combiwe2? i didn't like mine..

lecohen Thu 16-Oct-08 11:21:03

yes it is...would you mind telling me why as if i buy from friend i am stuck with it. thanks x

nicolamumof3 Thu 16-Oct-08 11:34:01

seats not upright enough for toddler, seat liners constantly slip so nightmare getting kids in, footmuffs not big enough to cover either newborn or toddler. Luka never looked right in it as a toddler. felt flimsy to push. I think it isn't worth the money luckily only paid £180 new for mine from kiddicare. i sold it after a few months. can you borrow it first for the day and see what you think?

lecohen Thu 16-Oct-08 11:53:37

Thanks...she wants to sell now and not due for another 7/8 weeks.

What is the age gap between your kids?

Still trying to decide whether I will even need a double. My dd will be 2 yr 2 months and actually hates being in a buggy for long anyway.

nicolamumof3 Thu 16-Oct-08 12:31:45

tbh i would see how you get on then maybe? does dd go to nursery yet? as you will only want a single now? there is 18m exactly between my ds', I had the combiewe2, then a cosatto duet lite which was awful! Then a cosatto umbrella fold which i loved but broke so bought a maclaren twin which was fab too but got too heavy as boys grew! They are now 2.9yrs and 15m i got a p&t 2months ago and its been the best for two toddlers.

You might get away with a sling when your dd needs a buggy? I would wait personally but your dd may suddenly decides she wants a buggy or a carry once baby arrives!! X

lecohen Thu 16-Oct-08 15:04:12

Hiya,

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I totally hear what you are saying about waiting...I think I might just do that.

My dd is in nursery from 8:30 - 1pm Mon - Thurs and when she comes home, she is so tired, I can't really take her anywhere as she gets so stroppy.

nicolamumof3 Thu 16-Oct-08 15:18:46

does she have a sleep after nursery? i have just started ds2's sleeps again so ds2 and 3 both sleep every afternoon together its great! nice 2hrs to myself each day.

MoHayder Thu 16-Oct-08 15:54:22

we have a combi dash,i really like it cos it folds up really small,came with everything, including carry bag,and is really light considering it reclines. got it cos ds (3) still needs to sleep in the day sometimes.

lecohen Thu 16-Oct-08 16:51:29

Hi Nicola,

She does usually have a nap after nursery although the last 3 days she has been fighting her sleep.

I sure hope that she can keep them up as she gets so ratty when she is tired that she becomes quite difficult.

But that's precisely the thing - if she naps, then the only time I could potentially need a double is on Fridays (her day off) and weekend but hub is here anyway so worst case is we have 2 buggies when we go out or just use the buggy board and or sling.

Decisions decisions lol

nicolamumof3 Thu 16-Oct-08 16:59:26

wait til bubs arrives and makes your mind up, we regularly used two buggies and much preferred it tbh and that way i could carry on with my pram collection!! once you have baby you can then try out prams in RL and decide what best suits your needs xx

lecohen Thu 16-Oct-08 17:12:57

Many thanks...think I'll just wait x

babyjjbaby Thu 16-Oct-08 17:14:34

what about a buggy pod

lecohen Thu 16-Oct-08 17:20:01

No no, had one once but got rid as thought very little of it, (bought when was child minding)thanks though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now