Talk

Advanced search

Wooden play kitchens - come and tell me about yours

(23 Posts)
twofalls Tue 16-Sep-08 12:44:09

I want to buy one for DD (2.9 at christmas) but the choice is endless. Definitely want wooden because it would have to stay out in the kitchen and quite frankly, I have enough plastic tat in the house, and preferably two sided to limit squabbling when her friends come round.

Have looked at the ELC one, but it is a bit pricey, especially as it doesn't come with any accessories.

Any others?

NewModelArmy Tue 16-Sep-08 12:48:44

me too! ditto!

Flier Tue 16-Sep-08 12:58:31

Baker Ross are pricey but very good quality - they're the sort you'd get at pre-school or school/nursery.

MingMingtheWonderPet Tue 16-Sep-08 13:06:10

DD has the ELC one
here

You can nearly always find a 20% discount voucher somewhere, I was sent one via email nearer Xmas (kids are members of the bday club), so that makes it a bit cheaper.
Got the 2 sets of grandparents to buy suacepans and accessories between them.

OneAndOneMakes Tue 16-Sep-08 13:13:08

There's loads on amazon.

OneAndOneMakes Tue 16-Sep-08 13:15:18

www.amazon.co.uk/Wooden-Magic-Kitchen-with-Accessoires/dp/B000VZ2XFE/ref=sr_1_33?ie=UTF8&s=kids&qid= 1221567189&sr=1-33

twofalls Tue 16-Sep-08 13:26:49

Thanks! The problem is, there are so many I was hoping someone would come on and say "oh, get this one, dd has played with every day and loves it, blah, blah, blah". Or, don't get this one, its rubbish.

I am just being lazy grin.

MorocconOil Tue 16-Sep-08 13:32:46

DD got the Pin Toy Kitchen Combo 2 years ago and plays with it constantly. IT'S £80 but is probably the toy she has played with most and nothing has broken on it. This is a miracle in our house as most things get broken.

Sorry can't do a link but just googled it, so know you can find it.

lemonlady Tue 16-Sep-08 13:36:19

Thats the same one from elc I am selling, its in lovely condition.

Any offers want £35 adn have some bits too

twofalls Tue 16-Sep-08 13:40:32

Thanks mimizan, will take a look at that one.

Where are you selling it lemonlady - on here or elsewhere?

whooosh Tue 16-Sep-08 13:41:08

We got this one and then bought a wooden washing machine from the same place.
It is absolutely fabulous and better than any I have seen.

Idobelieveinfairies Tue 16-Sep-08 13:42:10

I bought an ELC kitchen for my twins last christmas...it's different to that one though. It has a seperate fridge/freezer and then sink and cooker combined...all wood. A bit pricey but great for kids sharing and loads of storage for all the kitchen bits so no need for toy boxes full of plates and food!

Good idea to ask family/friends for the saucepans etc..they aren;t actually expensive to buy.

Would highly recommend that one i got-my 2 love it.....will check if they are still selling it.

lemonlady Tue 16-Sep-08 13:43:16

Not put it up yet, just noticed ur thread.

whooosh Tue 16-Sep-08 13:43:42

Tell a lie-Ignore last post,it was this one

lemonlady Tue 16-Sep-08 13:45:38

The wooden ones are lovely, I supose it all depends on the space you have.

cheesesarnie Tue 16-Sep-08 13:46:32

we got this for ds2 last xmas aged 2.we wanted one wish washing machine because he liked to help.this one is fantastic,cooker one side,washing machine other side,sink and hobs on top,shelves and knobs to hand things on and really easy toput together.plus we found the seller to be really nice.

cheesesarnie Tue 16-Sep-08 13:49:13

i really wanted to get him this one but didntgrin

MuffinMclay Tue 16-Sep-08 13:53:54

Do boys play with toy kitchens?

Ds1 needs more indoor things to play with as winter approaches.

MorocconOil Tue 16-Sep-08 14:01:43

We had a cheap plastic one when the DSs were little and they played with it all the time. We had the play food from ELC and they spent hours preparing meals for us with it. They seem to like opening and shutting the doors, and putting food in pans and on plates etc.

Fantastic toy for under 4s.

cheesesarnie Tue 16-Sep-08 14:10:42

my ds does!he cooks,washes up,puts washing on,makes cups of tea etc.

savoycabbage Tue 16-Sep-08 14:16:26

I have got the pink wooden ELC one too but I got it from COSTCO. I got it two years ago now and it has been played with every day. My friend got the same one from Costco last week. This is when they have their toys in for Christmas I think. Mine was £70 two years ago.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 16-Sep-08 17:34:00

MingMingtheWonderPet - can you check your emails and see if you have one from me? Sorry for stalking.....! email me if not

a n n @ m u m s n e t . c o m

TA!
A

cheerfulreasons Wed 01-Oct-08 11:05:36

Hi, I sell wooden play kitchens, have a number of different ones... prices vary but all are extremely good quality.. one is the exact same as elc... the others are all the same as you would expect to get in schools/nurseries etc.
email me if you would like pics n prices

Catherine

Reasons To Be Cheerful x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now