Talk

Advanced search

Indoor shoes or footless tights for cruising baby girl in winter?

(13 Posts)
Pendulum Tue 16-Sep-08 12:31:47

DD2 is just beginning to pull up smile

But most of her wardrobe (handed down) consists of skirts & tights from DD1 (who learned to walk in summer with bare feet)

How do I stop DD2 from slipping on the wood floors but keep her warm? Have previously dismissed soft leather 'shoes' as gimmicky, but do they have a point? Have also seen "baby legs" footless tights, would leave feet bare but keep legs warm.

Any thoughts/ tips? (other than buying lots of trousers, which I'm loath to do when we have bags & bags of skirts and dresses.....)

Ecmo Tue 16-Sep-08 12:36:58

my dd wore little canvassy pram shoes when she started walking as her feet were so small I couldnt get anything else in her size. Tights are such a faff IMO and get stained from leakages easily IYKWIM

LostGirl Tue 16-Sep-08 13:22:03

We use Baby Legs, not footless tights just mini leg warmers and they are great. Bought ours here

Cappuccino Tue 16-Sep-08 13:23:17

bare feet unless it is cold

snickersnack Tue 16-Sep-08 13:25:18

Socks from Gap with rubberised soles over the top of tights. Our floor is pretty slippery and dd managed fine with that as a solution.

Habbibu Tue 16-Sep-08 13:27:42

I have the perfect solution! These moccassins were just perfect for dd on our wooden floors - am getting some more this winter. Cosy, non slip and just lovely.

Pendulum Tue 16-Sep-08 14:34:58

oooh thanks for the suggestions! Habbibu, those mocs are gorgeous. are the soles soft enough for pre-walkers and how many pairs do you need?

snickersnack- I have some of those socks, so that is definitely the most credit-crunch friendly idea- genius!

lostgirl- thanks for the link, those are £3 cheaper than i have seen elsewhere!

Habbibu Tue 16-Sep-08 14:40:02

Yes, they're lovely and soft - you can squish them up in your hand. I just got one pair and slung them in the wash occasionally - two prob ideal, but one fine. When children get bigger they're also really cosy inside wellies.

EachPeachPearMum Tue 16-Sep-08 16:52:08

Little leather shoes, such as daisy roots, robeez, or inch blue worked well for us- DD always had feet that were far to cold to leave sockless.
Gap socks with the grips on the soles are ggreat too.

MrsTittleMouse Tue 16-Sep-08 16:56:31

We used the Totes thick socks with non-slip soles. They were a gift from a friend who had used them with her DD and they were wonderful - warm and safe and fine to use with tights or trousers.

nicolamumof3 Tue 16-Sep-08 21:49:23

having had boys, I can only say what i've used for them. prewalkers by clarks or startrite give excellent grip but not necessary indoors. yes the gap socks, or others with grippy soles are great, and the totes or cheaper version slipper socks and the moccasins are nice for winter x

LittlePushka Tue 16-Sep-08 22:13:53

I can recommend Clarks cruisers. If you get leather ones they get really soft very quickly but do provide some suport for the footwhen the LO's are staggering about!

They are washable (though I never needed to). Also, as DS had tiny little feet I used them well into him walking and only stopped when he moved from a size 2 to a 3.

If you do e-bay you can get secondhand ones in immaculate condition for a few pounds.

Pannacotta Tue 16-Sep-08 22:20:15

Also go with Gap socks with grippy soles and/or soft leather shoes like D Roots/Inch Blue etc. DOnt htink these are gimmicky at all, they are great for learning to walk and keeping warm, there are some v pretty designs too.
DS2 had a lovely pair of D Roots fleecey leather/sheepskin shoes/sllippers which he wore till they fell apart. Agree that ebay is a good source.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now