Talk

Advanced search

Booster Seat.......What age did put dc in?

(5 Posts)
lemonlady Tue 16-Sep-08 12:03:02

ds 2.11 tall for age and is slowly becoming too big for car seat. strapes are at top and now just starting down the back of his shoulder.
I know its a weight thing but, does that also include height to, cannot remeber from when dd 7 was in booster if it was weight as well.
May need trip to mothercare later.

Seona1973 Tue 16-Sep-08 14:01:59

your lo would need to be at least 33lbs before moving into a high backed booster. DD was just under the age of 4 when we moved her as we needed her seat for her little brother. This website says you shouldnt move your lo until they have exceeded the maximum weight for the child seat (which is about 40lbs), or the top of their head is higher than the top of the seat.

lemonlady Tue 16-Sep-08 19:59:07

Thanks Seona,
went to Mothercare earlier, she weighed him 17kg and was ok for high back booster. MAxi cosi one £30 off as well. glad I went now.

harpomarx Tue 16-Sep-08 20:02:04

wouldn't move him till absolutely necessary - stage 2 seats much safer I believe, also he will probably still sleep quite a lot in the car at that age and in the booster seats their heads loll forward. Much better to be able to recline properly imo. Didn't move dd till nearly 4 and she also big for her age.

lemonlady Tue 16-Sep-08 20:36:46

harpo, my dd was nearly 4 when we moved her. his head is at top of seat and strapes over his shoulder.
safety is the most important. The seat he had was £150 so not cheap, just not catered for tall kids.
This new one has recline on it, not much but enough to sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now