Talk

Advanced search

Anyone bought a sofa from sofa.com? Are they any good?

(5 Posts)
mootie Mon 15-Sep-08 18:25:24

Have an ikea sofa that I hate, and thinking about giving it away and spending money I shouldn't be spending on a new one. I like a couple from sofa.com but don't know anyone who has bought anything from them.

bettybeetroot Mon 15-Sep-08 20:43:42

We have 2 Jackson sofa's - have only had them for a few months. so far really impressed - delivery was less than 2 weeks and they are really comfy - mostly feathers in the cushions but sponge in the middle to keep shape. We chose a fabric that can be machine washed as the whole sofa is loose covers and it was important for us with the dc's. I have already washed one set once as ds knocked coffee all over one of them and they washed really well - no shrinkage. If you do go ahead and order make sure you get a few swatches so you are sure about the fabric. We chose taupe in brushed linen and it is lovely and soft!

cheekysealion Mon 15-Sep-08 20:46:13

i have and it is great
I went and looked in the showroom first

mootie Tue 16-Sep-08 14:25:25

thanks, that's great. do the seat cushions slip forward easily? This is my pet hate, I feel like I am constantly shoving them back, and it always looks so sloppy.

bettybeetroot Tue 16-Sep-08 19:36:25

no, they don't slip - the seat cushions are quite heavy and underneath the cushions it is the same fabric all over iyswim - not cheaper shiny stuff that some budget sofa's have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now