Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help. Please! Can anyone recommend a lovely calming mobile... we had a tiny love but

(6 Posts)
mumeroo Mon 15-Sep-08 11:35:31

it seemed to stimulate rather than calm DS1 and so I'm on the hunt for another. We had the symphony in motion one which I guess works for some babies but not others...
very calming music would be good and a slow kind of motion. Please help!

mumeroo Mon 15-Sep-08 11:37:41

was thinking about this one at John Lewis but no idea as no reviews...
http://www.johnlewis.com/230394554/Product.aspx

lauraloola Mon 15-Sep-08 11:42:27

I have had 2 for dd. A Lollipop Lane mobile and currently on a Fisher Price Rainforest light and music thing that goes on the side of the cot.

We changed because she was laughing at the ladybirds on the mobile! Turns out she will laugh and talk to the mobile and light show but will fall asleep with it if she is ready!

Seona1973 Mon 15-Sep-08 13:32:10

we have this fisher price one for ds who is now 23 months. It was worth the money as you can remove the arm when they get more mobile and leave the music box on the side of the cot. When ds goes for naps/to bed he switches on the music and the light and then goes off to sleep. You also know when he is awake in the morning as the music will be playing while he putters with his cot toys.

mumeroo Mon 15-Sep-08 14:50:04

thanks for this... don't want to waste money on something that excites and not calms. the fisher price sounds a good option. xx

fairibell Mon 15-Sep-08 15:14:12

We have this fisher price one - http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3480555/Trail/searchtext%3EOCEAN+WONDERS.htm sounds similar to other fisher price one mentioned as can be converted to stand on side when bigger - projects stars/fish on the ceiling! sends dd as well as dh and i to sleep! only had it 2 weeks wish had had it earlier, usually have lights and music on while she has her last bottle then just the music once sleepy, fab as has remote we hang on bedroom door so if she cries we dont have to go in to restart it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now