Talk

Advanced search

Mini micro scooter or G BIke for 2.3 year old boy?

(10 Posts)
Niddlynono Sun 14-Sep-08 19:37:09

DS2 is 2.3 and gets very frustrated when his old brother (6) rides his bike or scooter when we go out, eg. to school and to the park so I'd like to get DS2 something to ride. He already has a Scuttlebug but he isn't really interested in at the moment so I was thinking about a Mini Micro Scooter (which he keeps nicking off other children at the school gates) until I saw the G Bike which looks really good, and I know quite a few mums of 3 year olds who recommend that sort of thing but I don't know which one to go for.

Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Thanks

hoxtonchick Sun 14-Sep-08 19:40:03

the scooters are amazing. dd got hers when she was 2 & is now 3.3 & has used it literally every day. she must have done hundreds of miles on it. it broke through sheer overuse & the shop where i bought it had spares & fixed it - fabulous. she has a puky running bike too which she does use, but the scooter is smaller & lighter & better for me to carry when she has a strop....

bodiddly Sun 14-Sep-08 19:40:17

My ds was given a mini micro scooter for his 3rd birthday and he loves it. He wants to go on it at every opportunity ... I would def recommend it. They are so light to carry if you get stuck with it as well.

hoxtonchick Sun 14-Sep-08 19:40:36

oh, & it's half the price.

CarGirl Sun 14-Sep-08 19:42:16

My dd who is 5 still loves her mini micro scooter but dd who is just 3 still hasn't mastered how to do corners on hers yet though......

Barnzi Sun 14-Sep-08 21:13:25

My son has both - he is 2 and a half and has been able to use the scooter since he was 2 -it has made trips to the park so much more enjoyable for him. The g bike is really good for getting their balance and then it is easy to transfer them to riding a bike without the need for stabilisers. We got both of ours from a website called Grubby Knees.

bodiddly Sun 14-Sep-08 21:37:08

Hi Cargirl - ds was like that for a while then one day something obviously clicked and then he was off and away!

Niddlynono Mon 15-Sep-08 14:28:20

It looks like a resounding yes for the scooter then. Thanks everyone, your comments are much appreciated.

nappyaddict Tue 23-Sep-08 15:24:26

omg £120 for a scooter!!

mistletoekisses Mon 19-Oct-09 13:27:08

Bumping this one...bexibooboo, how did your DS get on with the scooter? My DS is a similar age and I too am wondering which would be better to go for..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now