Talk

Advanced search

Is there a lunchbox on the market that will keep food hot until lunchtime?

(6 Posts)
Waswondering Sun 14-Sep-08 16:50:35

This is following a discussion I had with another mum last week about school packed lunches. We were discussing how it would be nice to send in eg home made pasta type dishes, but that these were often nicer hot, but of course there is no heating up facility at school. So we started talking about lunch boxes, and thermos flasks which keep drinks hot . .. so you can put something in at the right temperature and it maintains it till lunchtime.

Does this exist?

Searches with google/lakeland show cold insulated lunch boxeds - I only found one hot one which was on a "gifts for men" site (bit random!)

Does anyone have one and does it work?

(Aware of need to ensure food doesn't have a bacterial party and cause d&v too, of course!)

dizzymac Sun 14-Sep-08 16:57:01

Asda have a Thermos flask for food in at the moment. It is a short flask witha very wide opening and large bowl for a lid rather than a cup. It had a non breakable metal liner and was about £9.99 I think. I am buying one for DD1 to put hot lunches in for winter.

You can get a smaller one for more in the GLTC catalogue too but I'm afraid I can't do links. I 'm sure some one will.

roisin Sun 14-Sep-08 16:57:57

What about something like
this or this

I don't have one, but would imagine they should work OK. I'd probably avoid putting anything in with meat in it, but veggie pasta or thick soup or veggie stew is not going to take any harm if it's not piping hot, is it?

How old are your dcs?

Soapbox Sun 14-Sep-08 16:58:05

here is a selection of food flasks.

Waswondering Sun 14-Sep-08 17:04:55

Ooh - those are really great, thanks. Food for thought, if you pardon the pun!

Both boys are 5, so young!

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 14-Sep-08 17:07:05

Our infant school said no to them so would be worth checking its ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now