Talk

Advanced search

Why do my new oven instructions say that I have to...?

(8 Posts)
spudcounter Sun 14-Sep-08 10:09:12

Grill with the door closed. It's electric. How can I see whther my toast is burning? It's a CDA one (gas hob, double electric oven)

SquiffyHock Sun 14-Sep-08 10:10:58

I have a Neff oven and you grill with the door closed. I don't think anything awful would happen if you left the door oopoen though and it's handy if you have little ones walking about and are grilling bacon etc. It just takes some getting used to.

SquiffyHock Sun 14-Sep-08 10:11:17

open!

spudcounter Sun 14-Sep-08 10:14:14

it won't let me keep the door open unless I jam my knee against it..seems to close automatically

psychomum5 Sun 14-Sep-08 10:14:28

but would you not have a handle on your grill tray that would prevent you from closing the door???

how odd, I have never heard this.

mind you, I have never read the instructions for my new oven eitherblush!!!

spudcounter Sun 14-Sep-08 10:16:54

they've given me one of those loose handles..you know you take it out of the drawer and attach it when you need to pull the grill pan out

Cappuccino Sun 14-Sep-08 10:17:44

I guess it does keep the heat in more so that's better

psychomum5 Sun 14-Sep-08 10:22:51

well......you could leave the handle on while using the grill and that will help it stay open then, rather than your kneewink.

I guess it is to do with loss of heat etc, and maybe your toast not looking uniformly brown.......

you could try leaving it open to see what the difference is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now