Talk

Advanced search

Volkswagen Beetle owners ??

(11 Posts)
MrsBauer Fri 12-Sep-08 21:42:38

I have been lusting after a VW beetle for some time and DH has finally said OK grin.

My only concern is the boot, is it really small? Would it fit a couple of suitcases in?
Will a Maclaren stroller fit in it? (not as well as the buggy)

I think I'm dreaming that it will work as the family car.

any info would be great
Thanks

IndigoMoon Fri 12-Sep-08 21:44:04

my friend got rid of hers cos it was not going to work as the family car

MrsBauer Fri 12-Sep-08 21:44:16

I meant "not as well as the suitcases!!"

nell12 Fri 12-Sep-08 21:48:40

We looked at one, the boot is an ok size, but the opening is tiny; so you could fit a fair few shopping bags in but trying to fit a suitcase through the gap may prove challenging...

I sighed a great sigh and walked away from my beloved Beetle...

flame17 Fri 12-Sep-08 22:05:28

oh this isn't sounding good sad I currently have a focus but don't like it at all, may fob the focus onto DH, he can have the family car and sell his polo!

born2twinkle Sun 21-Sep-08 20:45:41

Hi I've got a beetle as the family car. One ds aged 4 and one on the way. Our other car is a mini! got zapp to put new baby's car seat on and i can get my old volo in it, i had to get rid of the tecnho xt i had bought for the baby as it wouldn't go in the boot. headroom in the back is great for putting car seats in etc. hth

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 21-Sep-08 21:06:31

my dad had one as his first car when we were young so it squeezed 5 of us in - we were even put in the teent compartment in the back above the engine which we called the dog box. Later on my brother and I shared a beetle - we had to load the front boot with concrete as it was so light and flimsy - fab cars though !

MaryAnnSingleton Sun 21-Sep-08 21:07:19

obviously you mean a modern beetle as opposed to the older ones, so they're probably less lightweight !

babypringle Mon 22-Sep-08 11:02:26

i have a beetle and a quinny zapp buggy for my toddler. When DS was younger we fitted a quinny speedi in the boot. Other buggies that fit are the quinny buzz, m&p luna and the loola. We've fitted one good sized suitcase in the boot before, but much more than that is difficult. I can get the zapp in the backseat footwell under DS's car seat if the boot in full which helps.

Go for it grin

born2twinkle Mon 22-Sep-08 13:34:46

goes looking for cheapo speedi now! grin

MrsBauer Mon 22-Sep-08 14:53:07

Thanks for that info, very helpful I have DS age 5 and DD age 3, so I would only need a buggy for long days out.
I was actually looking at Volo's and wondered if they would fit in the boot as I think they are sturdier than a Zapp!

All happy now and looking for a bright red Beetle grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now