Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do you get the cover off a Britax Renaissance car seat?

(7 Posts)
Rosieglow Fri 12-Sep-08 21:09:39

OK, dd has weed in it & I'd like to wash it tommorow. I emailed Britax yesterday but no reply. Can anyone help? It looks like you have to disconnect the straps somewhere.

Please tell me it's easy before I wreck it!

Marina Fri 12-Sep-08 21:12:07

It can be done (we don't have ours any more though, so I can't just go and experiment). You disconnect them round the back, they are secured with a kind of slide clasp.

ChacunaSonGout Fri 12-Sep-08 21:13:46

its not easy iirc you have to disconnect the harness at the back and it takes a while

sorry this is only iirc!

Marina Fri 12-Sep-08 21:14:06

I think this might be more help than my previous post!

peachygirl Fri 12-Sep-08 21:14:26

Are the straps connected to a metal rod that moves up and down notches to lengthen them?

I have a duo plus isofix seat and I think that making the straps as long as possible slipping them off the rod and pulling them out means can then pull the seat cover off.

Hope this helps

onepieceoflollipop Fri 12-Sep-08 21:15:08

It is tricky, the unhooking of the harness. My tip is to really concentrate as you will have another tricky job putting it back together.

Rosieglow Fri 12-Sep-08 21:37:26

Ah, thanks Marina. That's just what I needed. Looked round their website yesterday and could only find a 2-page user guide that was no use at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now