Talk

Advanced search

Kids cameras. Has anyone got the vtech or fisher price ones and whats the picture quality like?

(10 Posts)
Nbg Fri 12-Sep-08 20:36:09

I've asked my mum to get one for my dd's birthday next month, but she has mentioned that the fisher price one has only got 1.5 mega pixels.

So really the pictures will be crap wont they?

If your children have got one, do you rate them?
Or what about any alternatives?

I should point out that dd is becoming a bit fanatical about photography, so we would like something pretty decent.

Califrau Fri 12-Sep-08 20:38:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thisisyesterday Fri 12-Sep-08 20:41:38

we looked at them for ds1 and decided he'd be better off with a cheap normal one.

the viewing screen on them is tiny, and, as you say the pic quality is a bit rubbish, but then unless you want to enlarge and print them off then that's probabyly irrelevant.

I think they're way overpriced for what they are though. and if your dd is over the age of 5 or so I would trust her with a regular camera.

think you can get a pink one in argos for about £25

CantSleepWontSleep Fri 12-Sep-08 20:47:00

lol at 'only' 1.5 megapixels. It was only a few years ago when that was better than was available to us all in 'grown up' cameras!

Want something like this for dd for Christmas, as she loves breaking using our camera, but she's only 2.7, so interested in comments from anyone who's had one this young.

Nbg Sat 13-Sep-08 08:38:12

Thanks for the replies.
I got a bit carried away in looking at them last night.

I've found that Vtechs's version is 2 MP and they have a selection of photos taken from customers on their website.
Some are quite good quality and others not so.

But having a look round, we've found a Hitachi camera which has 5 MP and is pink, for £39.99 in Argos.
Plus you can take out their insurance with it for £8.99 which covers it for 3 years.
So buying the camera and insurance, it still works out cheaper than the fisher price one.

But if anyone is looking for the fisher price camera, argos are selling both the new and slightly older design. The older one is only £29.99.

stroppyknickers Sat 13-Sep-08 08:52:00

We have the one from ELc - pink- v good think it is vtech.

MilaMae Sat 13-Sep-08 17:35:03

Just bought the V tech from ELC in blue got 20% off!!!!

DontCallMeBaby Sat 13-Sep-08 18:19:28

Vtecg us 0.3MP, not sure where you've got 2MP from? The resolution is 640x480.

Cheap ordinary camera and insurance is an excellent plan - child still gets to learn to take care for it, cos they'll miss it for a few weeks if it does get broken and have to be sent off for mending!

melsy Tue 16-Sep-08 14:32:17

oohhhh you beat me too it , wanted to start a thread on the very same thing!

The Argos one sounds good.

melsy Wed 17-Sep-08 11:37:02

is this the Vtech one??

Nothing on there about the MP , anyone got a definite on what it is?

Seems like the Hitachi one might be the best. Wonder if anyone else sells it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now