Talk

Advanced search

can you tell me if this upgrade is a good deal.....

(8 Posts)
lovecamping Thu 11-Sep-08 20:15:15

so i've got a contract and its due to end in November. today i got a couple of calls from Carphone Warehouse and want to offer me an upgrade deal.

i've managed to negotiate a 18mth contract, £25.00 per month with 300 free mins cross network anytime, 100 free texts and unlimited calls to landlines. and i'll get a cheque for £100.
also get a new phone but cant remember which one i agreed to...

so what do you think? of course i've got 7 days to think about it.

yomellamoHelly Thu 11-Sep-08 20:20:30

Get it in writing or the leaflet and keep it somewhere safe.
Dh took up an offer on the basis he'd get 6 months line rental back after a year and then had to fight to get it. Would have been stuffed if he wasn't such a hoarder.

bonkerz Thu 11-Sep-08 20:25:53

be careful with the carphone warehouse. I have been with them for 4 years now but have just realised i have been diddled by them! First phone on 12 month contract in 2004 and had phone call from them 10 months later to upgrade which i did over the phone. Moved to 18 mth contract but was told could upgrade after 12 mths. So after 12 months went into shop and upgraded, have just found out i now cannot upgrade or cancel my conract for another 6 months, not sure why and it does appear they have left hand right hand syndrome in their company.

lovecamping Thu 11-Sep-08 20:47:01

they are so very pushy as well. i kinda of think i've made a hasty decision. but looking at phones etc on the website to see if there is a better deal, its all giving me a headache ... why are they so damn complicated?!?!?!

babyjjbaby Thu 11-Sep-08 21:53:28

i wouldn't go with carphone warehouse i like to stick with orange tbh i manged to get a 18mth contract 400 mins unlimted texts and unlimted landlines for £15 a mth and a samsung soul they didn't want to but did a bit of haggling lol grin

Millie1 Sat 13-Sep-08 20:10:12

That looks like a great offer Babyjibaby ... did you get the phone free or did you have to pay for the handset? Need to change from Vodaphone to Orange and am looking for the best deal.

babyjjbaby Sat 13-Sep-08 20:11:26

no the phone was free

ClareVoiant Sat 13-Sep-08 20:24:37

i think 300 mins and 100 texts for £25 a month is expensive.

i managed to wangle 750mins any network, 100 texts, some (cant remember how many) video mins, picture texts. free internet access and £5 of downloads each month for £15 a month with 3. all because i didnt want to upgrade to a new phone. (i'd only had it a year nd they didnt have one better at the time) if you like your phone, ask them what they can do for you to reduce your bill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now