Talk

Advanced search

LG Viewty or Samsung Soul? Help me decide (before Saturday)

(21 Posts)
nomoremagnolia Thu 11-Sep-08 11:11:39

Am due an upgrade and have narrowed it down to these two, but can't decide between then. I'm not adverse to the touch screen on the Viewty as I'm used to using a PDA but am tempted by the Soul as I have always been impressed with Samsung phones in the past. 3 have only just added the Soul this month, I had already decided I wanted the Viewty before that but am now tempted by the Soul!!
Any advice on, or experience of, either is really appreciated

snickersnack Thu 11-Sep-08 11:26:11

The Viewty is ok but I find the text function really really annoying. I love the camera, it's fantastic. I had to download Opera Mini onto mine as the LG installed browser was rubbish and kept crashing. I'm quite fond of it now, but probably wouldn't choose it if I was looking again.

nomoremagnolia Thu 11-Sep-08 11:50:56

Thanks snickersnack. Anyone else got any views (especially on the Soul) Internet is one of the things I use on mobile so any experience on that side of things is especially helpful (MN addiction? What MN addiction?)

sillybillybee Thu 11-Sep-08 15:18:13

Avoid the viewty like the plague!! Back with details later, I'm already late for the school run blush

masalachameleon Thu 11-Sep-08 15:20:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sillybillybee Thu 11-Sep-08 16:39:31

Right the viewty - 2 weeks after getting it it was charged overnight and at around 10am had gone off, I realised it had probably done this a few times when I'd thought it was just the battery dying (when it hadn't been charged). After trying to turn it back on and it wouldn't I had to remove the battery and sim card for it to work again. If you google viewty and turned itself off you will see it is a very common fault.
The Soul my sister has and she can't fault it, I had a play on it when she visited and it seems really nice to use, I'd go for the soul above the viewty, then again I'd have anything above the viewty lol.

nomoremagnolia Thu 11-Sep-08 20:50:50

thanks both - and well done masalachameleon on not needing your 'B' to answer!
So what is it about the Soul that you liked sillybillybee?

nomoremagnolia Thu 11-Sep-08 20:52:13

thanks both - and well done masalachameleon on not needing your 'B' to answer!
So what is it about the Soul that you both liked so much?

cwtchy Thu 11-Sep-08 20:53:09

Both me and my friend have LG phones, although not the Viewty, and they are both shiteous. I will never buy one again.

In fact, I have gone back to using my old Samsung, it was that bad.

nomoremagnolia Thu 11-Sep-08 20:53:10

Sorry - thought I'd stopped it posting the first time when I realised you both have experience of the Soul.

sillybillybee Thu 11-Sep-08 21:05:03

The Soul was just nice lol. Buttons were a nice size and easy to press, like most phones its easy to find your way around it if you're used to the brand iyswim. Nice big screen but still a nice sized phone overall. I did only have a quick go with it and for once didn't play with the ringtones and games lol. Oh and the camera is good, I'd say better than the viewty, I tried taking pictures in a club and they weren't good at all but my sis has some on facebook in a club from the soul and they're good.

TheRealMrsOsborne Thu 11-Sep-08 21:07:11

I have a soul and really like it, no idea about using it for the internet though as i never use it for that grin

babyjjbaby Thu 11-Sep-08 21:50:17

the souls i very nice the camera is fab easy to use battery lasts well and the internet is very quick i can't fault it tbh

flubdub Thu 11-Sep-08 21:52:50

I have a viewty. The only thing i dont like is the texting, as its hard work, plus you have that stupid pen stuck to the side of the phone, which Iv taken off.
It has frozen a couple of times when iv tried to send a txt. I do wish i hadnt got it tbh.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Thu 11-Sep-08 21:56:21

i heart my samsung soul. brilliant camera feature, good mp3 player with good battery life while listening to music. it comes with its own headphones/handsfree. no memory card for storing lots of pics but amazon do them really cheap i got mine for £4 inc delivery.

oh yeah and the phone itself is not bad either grin

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Thu 11-Sep-08 21:59:42

sorry forgot to mention dh keeps trying to take it away from me as the sms tone isnt very loud <i dont open them while using the mp3 feature, they are a bit quiet though> so i never answer his texts and it annoys him.

we will be divorced if anything happens to my soul!

nomoremagnolia Fri 12-Sep-08 09:55:54

Well maybe for the sake of my marriage I'd better get the Viewty then! Actually you guys are definitely swaying me towards the Soul. Got to decide soon and still torn. My sister has the Viewty and loves it...

nomoremagnolia Fri 12-Sep-08 19:00:22

How is the call sound quality on the Soul? I have been googling it and the most common complaint is that the sound isn't very loud on calls or on the ring tone (not too bothered about the ringtone voume, but sound quality on calls worries me) The biggest complaint about the Viewty seems to be the battery life - is this a true reflection?

babyjjbaby Fri 12-Sep-08 19:27:56

i find the sound ok on the samsung

spendalittlelivealot Mon 15-Sep-08 16:40:28

I love the viewty but mines had it i dropped it andthe camera lens broke battery life is shite i have to admit though

JRocks Mon 15-Sep-08 16:44:16

I have a Soul, and on the whole I'm pleased with it. Some calls are quiet I've found, but not all, and there seems no logic as to why.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now