Talk

Advanced search

Nintendo Wii -- do you have one and do you like it?

(20 Posts)
AtheneNoctua Wed 10-Sep-08 22:04:05

Santa is considering bring the DCs (aged 3 and 5) a Wii for Christmas. So, if you have one, can you tell me what you think of it?

Thanks

Lilyloo Wed 10-Sep-08 22:07:28

I rarely use it despite having wii fit and promising dp i would if i could have it [blish]
dp and ds6 use it lot's.
dd 3 likes cooking mama but rarely get's a look in !
Def a great pressie for family though!

BexieID Wed 10-Sep-08 22:42:15

I have one since April but haven't used it all that much. My friends DS is 3 in November and has one in his bedroom. My boy Tom (2.4) likes to stand on the Wii fit board with me and hike up my weight, lol

Califrau Wed 10-Sep-08 22:47:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AbricotsSecs Wed 10-Sep-08 22:50:10

Message withdrawn

SquiffyHock Wed 10-Sep-08 22:50:15

Love the idea of Wii Wednesday and Wiikend!!

AbricotsSecs Wed 10-Sep-08 22:51:16

Message withdrawn

undercovercat Wed 10-Sep-08 22:52:24

XP brought the kids one and it does nothing but cause arguements between our kids.

bythepowerofgreyskull Wed 10-Sep-08 22:57:46

we have one
DH loves it (lots of games)
I love the wii fit
DS1 (aged 4) loves supermario galaxy

I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

Califrau Wed 10-Sep-08 22:59:58

TrinityRhino Wed 10-Sep-08 23:03:43

We have one
I LOVE IT

Our 2 oldest love it the youngest is only 19 months

our oldest are 8 and 3

they love all mario games, wii sport and play

also I LOVE wii fit

IT IS FABTASTIC

Ashantai Thu 11-Sep-08 00:32:02

Best console we ever boughtsmile My kids love the mario games and sporty ones, OH has his "need for speed" and "resident evil", and i love the trauma game. Gotta love doing operations on people that wont really diegrin

Now if i could only get my hands on a wii fit! grin

AtheneNoctua Thu 11-Sep-08 08:37:44

Ok. What is the difference between Wii fit and Wii sport? Do you have to buy these packages when you buy the console? Any recommendations on where to get this lovely present (so I can point the elves in the right direction)?

Any recommendations on games for 3 and 5 year olds?

Thanks everyone for all the great responses so far.

Lilyloo Thu 11-Sep-08 08:53:05

wii sport comes with the console. Wii fit is very hard to get hold of but has a balance board that weighs you and then tracks your weight loss if you use it regularly. The wii sport has lot's of sports like golf / bowling etc.

Would reccomend mario kart , cooking mama is easier for 3 year olds to do.
We also like super mario galaxy / olympic games.
DS is football mad so his pro evolution get's played the most.

We have just got lego indiana jones from Morrisons as they are doing all wii games fo £15 this week!

ChopsTheDuck Thu 11-Sep-08 09:09:12

personally think 3 and 5 are a bit young. Our 3yos love it, and are mad abotu mario kart, but they can't really do anything on it. I used to give them an unconnected remote to 'play' with while the older two were playing it but they aren't fooled by that any more!

My 6yo can play mario kart, but still hasn't managed to get past the very first part of mario galaxy. He now has a gameboy advance which suits him better.

I love it personally.

EachPeachPearMum Thu 11-Sep-08 12:11:08

DH and I love ours, but DD is 2.7 and doesn't play it. I agree, 3 is still pretty young for something like this.
If you want one yourselves... thats a different matter!

CoteDAzur Thu 11-Sep-08 12:12:15

We love it. DD is 3 and hugely enjoys bowling as well as boxing. She is also getting pretty good at 'tree pose' (yoga), from watching me on Wii Fit smile

AtheneNoctua Thu 11-Sep-08 14:21:50

DS will be 4 in May. So, on Christmas he'll be 3.7. Do you still think that's too young?

What about 4? Is that still too young?

It is not for us. If it's not suitable for the kids, then we won't get.

The matching new telly, however... now that is for us. smile

bythepowerofgreyskull Thu 11-Sep-08 16:50:34

DS1 was 4 in April and we had it before then - he happily plays on the games - DH had to get his head round him not playing them "properly" though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now