Talk

Advanced search

Have paid by Paypal (not an Ebay item) but not received goods. Will I get a refund?

(7 Posts)
MrsMuddle Wed 10-Sep-08 21:25:52

I ordered boots from The Boot Fits at the end of Aug. They were in stock, so I expected next day delivery. They have not arrived, and no-one answers the phone or relies to email, so I opened a dispute with paypal. Paypal will try to get in touch with the company, and sort this out within 30 days.

My question is, what if Paypal can't get in touch? Will I get refunded automatically or does The Boot Fits have to refund Paypal before they refund me?

I really need the money to buy a pair of boots elsewhere. sad

MrsMuddle Fri 12-Sep-08 14:19:21

Anyone?

lauraloola Sat 13-Sep-08 22:43:24

I started a dispute a while ago and had to keep chasing Paypal. I didnt get my money back as I ended up getting the goods.

Keep emailing Paypal for updates. How much were they?

PigeonPie Sat 13-Sep-08 22:50:57

Mrs Muddle, my friend is in the same situation, with, I think, the same company. I'm afraid that I don't think you're covered like you are when you pay with Paypal through Ebay. From what my friend was saying, you can only have the money back if there is money in the Paypal account which you paid into hmm.

I hope that you are able to get to the bottom of it though.

MrsMuddle Sun 14-Sep-08 14:53:41

Thanks for these replies. They were half price - £60. I was going to order from Duo, but when I googled, The Boot Fits site came up and they were so much cheaper. Now I know why!

They have a really decent looking website. It doesn't make them look like the fly-by-night fraudsters that they obviously are.

I'm usually so web-savvy. I think I was just so excited at getting new boots (for my fat calves!) at a decent price.

Lauraloola, was this the same company you ordered from? I'm worried in case they send me boots now - I've bought some from M&S on my crfedit card and I don't really want anything more to do with The Boot Fits.

Ohforfoxsake Sun 14-Sep-08 15:09:00

Yes, I think you should be covered by Paypal if you raise a dispute.

I didn't receive some facepaints I ordered, and couldn't get hold of the company. Paypal got is sorted quickly enough though.

MrsMuddle Thu 18-Sep-08 23:43:23

UPDATE

Seller refunded paypal tonight, so I got my money back. Although it is day 19 of the 20 days he was given to respond, so he did make me sweat a bit.

Also, in the interests of fairness, I should point out that there was a message of apology from The Boot Fits. Apparently they had been overwhelmed with sale orders. They did offer me a pair of new season boots at sale prices in a couple of weeks when they were less busy.

I got the impression it's a bit of a one-man company.

PigeonPie, I hope your friend has a successful outcome too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now