Talk

Advanced search

Fatboy Beanbag

(8 Posts)
RoxyNotFoxy Wed 10-Sep-08 19:50:43

Looks pretty good from the photos, but it's quite pricy at £130. Anyone got one? Is it as comfortable as an armchair?

Uranus Wed 10-Sep-08 19:54:47

We had two. They lasted 2 weeks before we had to throw them out - cos the cats pissed all pver them. So I would not recommend getting them if you have cats, as for some reason cats seems to liken the feel of them to cat litter and wee on them (well ours did anyway).

So for us they were a total waste of money. But they were quite comfy, iirc.

deepinlaundry Wed 10-Sep-08 20:01:17

Really odd- had same problem with dog!

Hulababy Wed 10-Sep-08 20:01:57

We have one. Had had it over 4 years now, a big black one. Gets a lot of use and is very comfortable for lounging on. Great for little ones to nap on too I have found.

Only problem with ours now is that it could do with a few extra beans - need to sort it out.

For normal every day stuff they are wipe clean.

thequietone Wed 10-Sep-08 20:02:49

That reminded me of my cat. Did the same to my beanbag. It was a slow process so me and DH became used to the smell. DH's brother eventually came over one night, walked in the room and said "it reeks of cat's piss!". I lifted up the beanbag and it was sopping.

RoxyNotFoxy Wed 10-Sep-08 21:25:04

Well, sounds like cats is the only problem. But not chez nous, where there are no cats. So I think I shall invest. Thanks for the replies.

dairymoo Thu 11-Sep-08 17:49:27

I got one from this place and although it's not an 'official' Fatboy, it does the job and was much cheaper. They are very comfy - but very big and take up a LOT of room.

mazzystar Thu 11-Sep-08 17:52:06

we have one
it is great for jumping off the sofa onto
it is possible to use it as a bed
it is v comfy
it is hard to get out of if you are 7 months pg [as i recall]
it is covered in kiddy grime, so don't buy silver

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now