Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

maclaren triumph - as good as it sounds?

(21 Posts)
noolia Wed 10-Sep-08 17:43:27

that's it really?

pushchair Wed 10-Sep-08 17:47:01

Oh yes. I have had a triumph and have an xt.
The triumph is light, manouverable, has a great easy to use raincover. It is only suitable from toddlerhood in my opinion though because little children slide down.

nicolamumof3 Wed 10-Sep-08 18:25:48

agree with pushchair. all maclarens now come with a sovereign lifetime warranty, they only give this because their pushchairs are so well made, the original and the best in my opinion and worth paying for.

SpookyMadMummy Wed 10-Sep-08 18:35:34

I had a Triumph when Dd1 was about 8 months old.. best investment I ever made for her.

MrsCurly Wed 10-Sep-08 18:48:01

Had mine for four and a half years and still using it. Lightweight, easy, only shortcoming is the shopping basket is pretty useless.

fairy15 Wed 10-Sep-08 19:17:31

i just got a maclaren four seasons, its my first maclaren & i can't belive how nice it is, i would be tempted to say i love it as much as my bug, well nearly smile

nickytwotimes Wed 10-Sep-08 19:18:57

I was sceptical, btu picked up a second hand Maclaren for £4. Tis a techno. It is fantastic.

sparkletoes Wed 10-Sep-08 19:45:35

IMO the techno is far better (bigger wheels so easier to push and extendable handles so better if you are tall!). But they are all very good just you get what you pay for ...and the price does escalate!

Ebay shops sometimes have older stock for cheaper.. and of course there is always 2nd hand but would only get an expensive one second hand.

yomellamoHelly Wed 10-Sep-08 19:49:51

Had a Techno. It didn't stand the pace (walk about 5 miles a day evry day) and it died after 18 months. Killed a century (albeit a double) in 4 months, so suppose it does last longer than its equivalents but it depends on how much you're going to use it.

RubyRioja Wed 10-Sep-08 19:56:36

cannot beat a techno imo

noolia Wed 10-Sep-08 20:04:36

Thanks for the replies! It's not quite dds first buggy blush but now she is 6 months I want something simple and sturdy that won't take up so much space. Sounds like the maclaren is it!

JuneBugJen Wed 10-Sep-08 20:06:13

I cannot tell you how brilliant Maclarens are. Best thing is, you can use it for your next one and still hold your dds hand as it is so light!

nicolamumof3 Wed 10-Sep-08 20:08:08

if only six months you may want to look at the quest it has ext.legrest and more of a recline? depends how often you plan to use it? if only occasion the triumph will be great and lightweight too!

MegBusset Wed 10-Sep-08 20:09:22

I have the Triumph, tis great, the only complaint is the basket isn't much use and it's tricky to manoeuvre one-handed (while carrying a shopping basket in the other, for instance).

chutneymary Wed 10-Sep-08 20:14:01

Had a truimph which was great but only lasted a year. I did pound it into the ground, walking at least 3/4 miles every day and sometimes a lot further. Eventually one of its wheels fell off and I had to push it home on 3!

THen bought a Ryder which is great. Had it now for 2 years and still going strong. Slightly larger wheels make all the difference. If you are going to be doing a lot of walking, I'd invest the extra few quid in a Ryder or Techno.

HTH.

pushchair Wed 10-Sep-08 20:15:46

Agree with nicola that if six months would look to a quest. More comfy for little ones.

babyjjbaby Wed 10-Sep-08 23:12:59

yep deffo pay the extra for a quest alot better than trimph cos it reclines and more and bub won't slip down

thisisyesterday Wed 10-Sep-08 23:25:01

maclarens are 20% off in boots atm. was just browsing them myself but van't decide which colour to get lol

nicolamumof3 Wed 10-Sep-08 23:28:15

They don't make ryders anymore. lovely pushchairs i had one.

pushchair Thu 11-Sep-08 08:50:55

Maclarens also cheap at e-bay shop Discount Buggies. You can follow a link in pushchair chat, p.19 or so sory Im no good at tech stuff

tibradden Sun 14-Sep-08 21:07:28

HATED HATED HATED IT. The little wheels, the recline, brake, basket and ds hated it when he was small cos the seat would not sit him up straight. Bought a techno more expensive but worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now