Talk

Advanced search

anyone got an urban detour double 3 wheeler buggy?

(12 Posts)
jessicasmummy Wed 23-Feb-05 09:36:18

my mate has just given me hers - i just need to know what people think of them to work out whether i keep this one or buy a better one?

NomDePlume Wed 23-Feb-05 09:42:13

WOW ! You don't waste much time do you Congrats on your BFP, btw

I really liked my single version, although it was heavy and awkward to get in/out of the car. My friend has the double and really likes it, she does agree that it's heavy though.

jessicasmummy Wed 23-Feb-05 09:45:19

my mate gave me it before i knew i was pregnant - she knew i was planning another one, and was just gonna chuck it! I couldnt let it go to wastes, especially as it has only been used a handfull of times!

lockets Wed 23-Feb-05 09:53:33

Message withdrawn

jessicasmummy Wed 23-Feb-05 11:34:13

bumpity bump for anyone else???

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Wed 23-Feb-05 11:58:18

I have one which I use when the DTs go out separately. It's lovely. Easy to push and manoeuvre. The babe looks comfy in it. Decent basket space. I like it! I think you should keep it. Congrats on your BFP

blodwen Wed 23-Feb-05 19:18:20

I have had mine (a double) for about 3 years now. I am a (very busy) childminder, so it's had lots of use, and I LOVE it! Best £200 I've ever spent. It's just as easy to push with 2 x 2.5 year olds as with 15 month and 5 week old I've had in it today. Very comfortable for both. My only criticism is that the wire wheels hve rusted rather (they now have plastic ones). It is heavy to lift in and out of the car, but I can fit in into the back of my MPV without folding if only 5 seats in use. I literally just tip it up and push it in! I am now investigating a buggy board to fit on as I will have 2 non-walkers, a 20 month old and a 2.5 year old (but very good walker) to transport!

jessicasmummy Wed 23-Feb-05 19:20:53

blodwen, thank you! I just wasnt sure of its capabilities of taking a 15 month old and a new born - yes thats how old jessica will be when #2 is born! I prefer side by side than tandem buggy's and as it was free, i felt i couldnt refuse.

blodwen Wed 23-Feb-05 22:24:11

I am sure you won't be disappointed. It really is great to push and spins 'on a sixpence'. I have had 2 McLaren side by sides and one tandem in the past, but this is by far the easiest, especially up kerbs and on grass! I also have an Emmaljunga with toddler seat which is good for narrow shop doors! Tend not to do much shopping though! The 15 month old I mind loves her baby sister, as does the 2yr 3m older sister! They are all adorable!! I'm sure Jessica will too.

TwoIfBySea Thu 24-Feb-05 22:09:40

Jessica I had one for dst (now 3) and was actually quite sad when I sold it recently. It was a great buy, the front wheel moves so any worries about the width is compensated by the fact it manouveres (sp?) so brilliantly.

Dst were in it from birth and I found it very light to push. Quite heavy if you have to fold and lift it but apart from that, and the whole doors to narrow thing it is a great buggy and I would buy one again. To be honest it isn't heavy compared to carrying dst! (And it can fit in the back of a small car with a bit of shifting around as the woman I sold it too managed to get it into her Renault Clio just by taking the parcel shelf out.)

We took our on a lot of walks through country parks and it managed everything without bouncing dst around, having those kind of wheels helps.

sparklymieow Thu 24-Feb-05 22:11:47

I had a double one too, I loved it, really easy to push and comfortable for the kids. I was very upset when I sold it

stitch Sat 26-Feb-05 21:24:15

i had this, and was fantastic. recommended it toeveryone. also, if you got it free, wow. i sold mine for 137 pounds on ebay! after using for a year!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now