Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Refridgerator Delivery - John Lewis

(16 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Wed 23-Feb-05 08:50:13

We're expecting our new fridge this morning (hurrah!), and I'm starting to worry. They're not going to just dump it are they? They'll bring it into the kitchen and take it out of the box, right?

It only has to go up two little steps at the front door, and then the kitchen is on the ground floor, so it's not outrageously far ...

jessicasmummy Wed 23-Feb-05 08:51:25

if something as crap as argos can deliver mine, take it out the packaging and plug it in for me, im sure you have nothing to worry about!

katierocket Wed 23-Feb-05 08:51:33

john lewis are fab with deliveries, they'll take it out of box and take the packaging away.

hoxtonchick Wed 23-Feb-05 08:52:10

we got our washing machine from john lewis a few weeks ago. our laundry room is in the basement & they were fine about taking it down. asked if i wanted the wrapping & when i said no, left all of it in the van. i am quite obviously pregnant though.... john lewis are normally pretty good, so you should be ok.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 23-Feb-05 08:52:51

Oh good. I'm having just the worst week (DH's gran is dying, I'm really ill, and DH is working constantly), and I'm hoping a new fridge (that actually keeps things cool!) will perk me up a bit. But not if they just leave it in the front garden!

pepsi Wed 23-Feb-05 08:52:54

I had a fridge freezer delivered by JL and they unpacked it for me. Tell them before they get it into the house as I know when they did mine they unpacked it outside as they said it was easier. But they were more than happy to do it. I think its part of the service and they have to.

hoxtonchick Wed 23-Feb-05 08:52:55

ps am i right that you can't plug new fridges in for 24 hours as the refrigerant has to recover from the journey?

NotQuiteCockney Wed 23-Feb-05 08:53:54

Er, that makes it sound like DH's gran dying is just a minor annoyance. She's 93. It's a hard situation, but not a surprise. And we're mostly just dealing with the realities of trying to get him up to Liverpool to say "goodbye". Somehow.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 23-Feb-05 08:54:36

Yeah, I don't think it's 24 hours, but it is a few hours. I'm sure the men will tell me.

I'll cope with waiting, I just can't cope with trying to put it in the kitchen myself. It's one of those big larder fridges.

hoxtonchick Wed 23-Feb-05 08:55:53

what about your old one? i say this as our old washing machine is still sitting outside the back door as i refused to pay the extra money to get them to take it away....

NotQuiteCockney Wed 23-Feb-05 08:56:51

I don't know. It's a fitted one, and I don't know what we'll do about it.

It does work ok, just only to 10C, not 5C. So ok for fruit and veg, just not meat and milk. So we might keep it going for the moment?

The whole kitchen will be torn out in a year, and replaced with one that doesn't suck, hence me not being too bothered.

Twiglett Wed 23-Feb-05 08:57:49

they will fit it and check its working .. don't worry

NotQuiteCockney Wed 23-Feb-05 10:04:22

They've come, and put it in the kitchen, but not plugged it in, because of the whole "wait 8 hours" thing. Still got packaging on it, but it's just some plastic wrap and styrofoam, so no big.

It's in the kitchen, which is what matters.

Now I just have to shop for a new radiator to fit beside it.

hermykne Wed 23-Feb-05 10:20:09

just had my ice cream machine delivered by them it opened it up after the courier left, its damaged because the twit in packaging couldnt be bothered to put bubble wrap around it, soooo annoyed.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 23-Feb-05 10:21:13

Oooh, did you get one of those ones that does the chilling? Or one where you have to chill the bowl? I keep thinking about getting an ice cream machine, then thinking ... do I need more ice cream?

Sucks about it being damaged - do they come back for it?

hermykne Wed 23-Feb-05 10:32:59

i have to phone get a rda number !**???, and they'll collect.
its the one you have to chill the bowl, couldnt pay for the dearer one... a bit too extravagant
the reason i got it is to get my fussy dd to eat fruit via ice cream which she likes, of course from the shop.

heres hoping it works

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now