Talk

Advanced search

Can someone talk to me about the different Bugaboos?

(18 Posts)
Jacaranda Wed 10-Sep-08 11:19:38

Which one is the best or does it depend what you want from them? Thanks smile

jennieflower Wed 10-Sep-08 11:39:28

Well the current models are the Cameleon, Gecko and Bee. The Cameleon and Gecko are lie flat prams which convert to a pushchair whereas the bee is a pushchair.

All are suitable from birth. The differences between the Cameleon and Gecko is that the Cameleon is bigger and has an adjustable handle height, so if you or DH are fairly tall you'd be better off with the Cameleon.

Jacaranda Wed 10-Sep-08 13:16:44

Ok, I understand that the frog is the original model. Is that still a good pushchair/pram? I've quickly looked on ebay and there seem to be a few bargains around.

Jacaranda Wed 10-Sep-08 13:19:04

And what's a gecko?

MatNanPlus Wed 10-Sep-08 13:24:44

Gecko is the new frog i believe and can be 2 wheel for rough terrain and i believe better suspension on the Gecko.

Personally never got on with the frog but love the Cameleon, not had a go on a Bee yet

Jacaranda Wed 10-Sep-08 13:31:19

Thanks, the geckos seem to be a bit cheaper than the chameleon and I'm just trying to work out why. Why didn't you get on witht he frog?

onceinalifetime Wed 10-Sep-08 13:34:51

The Frog is brilliant - mine is nearly five years old and still going strong, carried 2dcs. I think the seat is slightly bigger than the current models - a good thing imo. It doesn't have adjustable handles for different heights - not been a problem for me as I'm average height, but could be if you or dh are particularly tall. If you can get a decent one on ebay you can still get parts and accessories.

hatrick Wed 10-Sep-08 13:38:49

Message withdrawn

countryhousehotel Wed 10-Sep-08 13:40:02

Geckos are cheaper than chamelon because they are smaller and don't have adjustable handles - as far as i know that is all.

Teaandcake Wed 10-Sep-08 14:34:49

OK, the Frog came first, great buggy.

Bugaboo then decided to discontinue the Frog and introduce the Cameleon and Gecko.

Basically the Cameleon has more features than the Frog (but is essentially the same design) - telescopic handle, adjustable suspension on the little wheels, slightly larger shopping basket underneath, slightly longer seat unit (5cm), different apron on the carrycot and the addition of an Aerosleep mattress.

The Gecko was again like the Frog but with fewer features to make it as small and lightweight as possible. A pared down version if you like. A smaller seat frame and fabrics, a different method of changing the seat angle (no white circular buttons on the sides).

The Gecko has now been discontinued due to lack of popularity and the Bee has been introduced as the super small lightweight option.

The Bee is great, a very simple to use city buggy, but suitable from birth. Rear or forward facing, folds in one piece, decent size shopping basket, v good for its size.

All Bugaboo models are compatible with the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix.

I loved the Frog, it was a classic.
AFAIK it is still available in the USA but not anywhere else in the world.

bamboostalks Wed 10-Sep-08 14:39:47

You know your bugs!!

Teaandcake Wed 10-Sep-08 14:51:43

<<Bows>>

Why, thank you. I work in a nursery goods store and sell all this stuff, I don't know much about anyhting else though!

bamboostalks Wed 10-Sep-08 16:08:19

Let me pick your brain then, is it worth selling my cam second hand, it is 18 months old, ok condition. Are people still interested or is it new models only?

Teaandcake Wed 10-Sep-08 16:52:25

How old is your DC? How much do you use your Cam? Why do you want to sell it? What would you use instead? [Too many questions?]

AFAIK the second hand value of Bugaboos is pretty good. They havn't changed that much, a few things changed for the 2008 model - foam filled wheels, handlebar extender clips and folding buttons. But thats it.

I'm not much of an expert when it comes to the second hand market, my boss just wants me to sell lots of new ones!

I would hang on to it and use it if I were you. Bugaboos are one of easiest to push and so light.

MatNanPlus Wed 10-Sep-08 21:16:56

I need the extending handle hence why the Cam is good and the Frog/Gecko not.

Tea&Cake is the Bee extendable handle?

Teaandcake Wed 10-Sep-08 22:01:51

Yes, the Bee also has the telescopic handle.
Can't remember the dimensions though, goes pretty high.

bamboostalks Thu 11-Sep-08 08:24:57

Thanks teaandcake, I guess I want to sell as I am fed up of the 2 part system. It is a fiddle but now that it comes to it I feel reluctant!

MatNanPlus Thu 11-Sep-08 20:03:56

Bee does look nice, is it a lie flat seat unit that could be enclosed to prevent drafts/cold T&C?

I love the flexibility of the 2 part system tho Bamboo as often carried baby in bed part around the house especially when wheels messy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now