Talk

Advanced search

DD Wants a dolls house. help.

(10 Posts)

DD wants a dolls house, and I thought perhaps Santa might just bring her one. I have seen one for about £40 in the Studio catalouge but wondered if anyone could perhaps reccomend one.

She is 3 years old (almost)

teafortwo Tue 09-Sep-08 19:23:08

www.plantoys.com/

I am a big fan of plantoy. When my dd is old enough I want to buy her the treehouse.
As dh is going to build her a dolls house (it is a bloke thing "I am going to build ly daughter a dolls house!!!!"- sweet hey?)

Another option is....

lilliputiens do soft toy but quite small so they are grown up dolls houses. They do an Eskimo family who live in a igloo and my favourite a North American Indian family who live in a tipee as well as an English looking house too- but I can't find a really good link! I will keep looking!

teafortwo Tue 09-Sep-08 19:27:19

www.poppetandme.co.uk/Products/Lilliputiens-Soft-Igloo-House-and-Eskimo-Characters-1068.aspx

I found a pisture of the igloo but on second thoughts the lilliputiens don't look like proper dolls houses so might not impress her much if she wants a REAL dolls house!

teafortwo Tue 09-Sep-08 19:27:43

picture - sorry

Heifer Tue 09-Sep-08 19:40:26

this one from Toy R Us usually gets reduced to half price, £50 and is great

We painted one for DD and fitted carpet etc, but you could leave it unpainted. It has been reduced for at least the last 2 Christmas so may be worth waiting for.

mckenzie Tue 09-Sep-08 19:47:11

we bought DD the ElC one for her third birthday. I think she might have played with it about 4 times sad

psychomum5 Tue 09-Sep-08 20:12:41

my dd3 has the toys r us one.......she is coming up 10, and is asking for more grown-up furniture from us for her birthday.

she love it and plays with it almost daily...she certainly knows if the boys have been 're-decorating'wink!

hana Tue 09-Sep-08 20:18:53

gawd - eskimos haven't been referred to as that for decades!!!! (not having a go at you - is the one from the website....) They are Inuit!!

Thanks for all the replies, the toys r us one is half price just as you said Heifer so I am going to go there tomorrow hopefully and get one. Thanks againsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now