Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get seaside themed things for DC's bedroom?

(8 Posts)
mummyineedyounow Tue 09-Sep-08 16:39:08

DS is 3 and DD is 4. They share a bedroom and we are decorating it in a seaside theme. We want stencils of buckets and spades etc to paint and deckchair style curtains. Ive seen some Harlequin fabric which I love but its expensive and I'm not that handy with a needle and thread!

Any ideas where I could get a cheaper version of this stripey type of fabric from? www.harlequin.uk.com/collection.aspx?ID=14&P=4&C=3 and for seaside themed stencils etc?

S1ur Tue 09-Sep-08 20:22:10

Think IKEA do some stuff.

And maybe John Lewis for fabric?

theauthor Tue 09-Sep-08 20:51:35

Instead of stencils could you do framed pictures - easier to change too.

This is cute.
www.notonthehighstreet.com/flourish/product/wooden_seaside_bunting

I bought some stuff online which was kind of seaside themed but can't for the life of me remember the name of the company. Will try and find it on Google and get back to you.

theauthor Tue 09-Sep-08 20:52:18

Found it:
www.giddykipper.net/

Loads of fab accessories and prices not too bad.

Beetroot Tue 09-Sep-08 20:52:50

go to the sea side -

I bought some lovely stuff ofr my cottage - from Southwold but any seaside resort will ahve stuff and on sale as the season is over

giddykipper Tue 09-Sep-08 20:56:18

That freaked me out author!

theauthor Tue 09-Sep-08 21:03:35

grin giddykipper

mummyineedyounow Tue 09-Sep-08 21:15:15

Thanks for the help everyone...keep it coming!

I adore the wooden bunting theathor and will defo get some. Great ideas on giddykipper. My sis is off to Swanage this weekend so will get her to have a look out for me. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now