Talk

Advanced search

m&s sizing

(7 Posts)
pippibluestocking Tue 09-Sep-08 16:30:31

Hi

Looking to buy DD a winter coat from M&S (now 14 week wait for Boden duffle so forget that idea!). Does anyone know how M&S girls' sizing comes up. She is just 6 (quite tall for her age but not fat) and am dithering between 6-7 or 7-8. Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks.

bamzooki Tue 09-Sep-08 16:42:21

Well as far as school clothing is concerned I find M&S come up small. I usually have to get right age, or younger for my dd(10) but have had to go to 11-12 for her. And 5yo ds is in age 7-8. Neither are overweight tho ds is quite tall for his age.
But not sure if that extends to casual clothes.
They are usually pretty good on returns thoough aren't they? Can you get both and return what doesn't fit?

MaryBS Tue 09-Sep-08 16:51:59

I would go 7-8 unless your dd is petite. I find them small. DD who is 8 is in 11-12.

pippibluestocking Tue 09-Sep-08 16:52:49

Thanks - will go for 7-8

theauthor Tue 09-Sep-08 17:05:42

I find M&S gigantic for younger boys stuff.
But I'd go for larger rather than smaller for a winter coat just to make sure it didn't end up a bit too snug over winter woolies in a few months' time.

theauthor Tue 09-Sep-08 17:06:32

Obv I know you are talking about girls' things....just found it interesting that the older girls' stuff comes up small compared to my experience with younger boys things.

nicolamumof3 Tue 09-Sep-08 18:20:43

theauthor, i find the boys clothes big for my 2.8yr ds too. I would order both and return one maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now