Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mascara-whats the best?

(14 Posts)
jane313 Tue 22-Feb-05 18:26:24

Every week there seems to be a new one on the market. I was thinking today of getting a new onem there that that No7 ultimate one and that Maybelline one with a white and black wand. Also has anyone ever had a waterproof one that actually works?

LGJ Tue 22-Feb-05 18:32:36

Not sure re waterproof, my theory being if it is waterproof it will probably be a sod to get off.

I use Clarins and have done for 13 years.

snafu Tue 22-Feb-05 18:37:07

I use the Maybelline pink and green one which is pretty good. The black and white looks a bit Madame JoJo's for me...

SeaShells Tue 22-Feb-05 18:40:14

I use the Maybelline pink and green one aswell, you're supposed to change them every 3months or something though aren't you, think I better go get a new one, this ones been on the go for about a year now!

Cod Tue 22-Feb-05 18:40:24

Message withdrawn

sparklymieow Tue 22-Feb-05 18:45:59

I have used the pink and green maybelline one, thats excellent, and I am currently using the black and white one, I have found that you have to do one eye at a time, ie. white then black straight after, as otherwise the white goes too hard and you end up with spikey eyelashes it doesn't work as well as it does in the ad. tho.

lulupop Tue 22-Feb-05 18:58:20

I'm loving the new Lancome one called Hypnose - very very good and not at all claggy or lumpy

Other than that I like Max Factor 2000 Calorie.

nikkim Tue 22-Feb-05 19:01:44

I use the pink and green maybelline one, I ahd a make up artist for my wedding day who did a lot of film work and she recommended it.

Also recommended MAC lip gloss and eye shadow, elizabeth arden eight hour cream, clarins beauty flash balm, prescriptives or chanel foundation, touche eclat and a skin highlighter by aveda - I think.

Cod Tue 22-Feb-05 19:02:49

Message withdrawn

albert Tue 22-Feb-05 19:06:58

I use Max Factor Aqua Lash. Have always used a water proof since turning up to work looking like a panda after being caught in a storm - I wondered why people in the street were staring at me! This works well, no probs in the swimming pool or sea and I just wash it off using a face cleansing gel.

hazlinh Wed 23-Feb-05 01:46:35

am using stila waterproof and it's my fave at the mo.before this, my fave was max factor 2000 calorie. used to work at a tv station where they only use clarins mascara

used to wear maybelline as a teenager but didnt work well for me, never seemed to dry properly and always ended up with panda eyes.havent tried the black and white one tho

bonym Wed 23-Feb-05 14:56:31

Blink (used to be called 'kiss me") mascara is FANTASTIC - I must have tried every one going, trying to find one that wouldn't end up underneath my eyes by the end of the day. This doesn't budge and is dead easy to remove - I'll never use ordinary mascara again. You can get it here . I really can't recommend it highly enough!

lunavix Wed 23-Feb-05 15:02:40

I have used both the bourjois and maybelline black and white wand ones and I love them - the look is a bit dramatic if you use both but I don't wear any other eye makeup so I don't mind.

However I have sensitive skin and I can't wear my maybelline one as my eyes itch and swell, plus if I go anywhere near heat I end up panda-like. SO bourjois is definately better.

jane313 Wed 23-Feb-05 18:14:13

thanks everyone. I think I've tried the maybelline pink/green one and liked it; but I am rather addicted to trying new things. I can't decide if I want a dramatic or waterproof one for my wedding, I doubt I'll cry but you never know!

So many choices.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now