Talk

Advanced search

Help! Looked everywhere for a buttonless white kids polo shirt....

(18 Posts)
Elibean Mon 08-Sep-08 21:15:28

dd has a (genuine) button phobia, and has just started primary school...her teacher says she's seen buttonless white polos but doens't know where they were from.

I've googled myself silly - can anyone help??

Hassled Mon 08-Sep-08 21:16:34

I'm sure Next do zip ones - hang on

Elibean Mon 08-Sep-08 21:17:13

Wow, thanks - hanging!

SorenLorensen Mon 08-Sep-08 21:17:21

I think M&S might do zip ones too - will look for you.

Elibean Mon 08-Sep-08 21:18:42

<overemotional first time Reception Mum weeps tears of gratitude> smile

CoolYourJets Mon 08-Sep-08 21:19:22

Not a polo shirt but v similar
next

Twiglett Mon 08-Sep-08 21:19:46

could you cut them off or do buttonholes do it too?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SorenLorensen Mon 08-Sep-08 21:20:22

They did, but are out of stock online - may be worth asking in store?

Hassled Mon 08-Sep-08 21:20:24

The Next site isn't loading but I'm 90% sure I saw quite pricy red and white polo shirts with zips on there. Sorry if I've imagined this.

controlfreakinfreaky Mon 08-Sep-08 21:21:41

what size / colour?
they had them in my local m and s recently.... will look for you if you like?

Olihan Mon 08-Sep-08 21:21:56

If all else fails, can you cut the buttons off a normal one and sew on velcro in their place? And maybe a pretty bow to cover up the buttonoles?

What are you doing about her summer dresses or do they come with zips? (Spot the one with a ds!)

tortoise Mon 08-Sep-08 21:22:49

this one looks button less. I thought it was BHS i saw zip up ones but i can't find them online.

Elibean Mon 08-Sep-08 21:27:28

God, you lot are legend. Thanks so much - already ordered the Next one, and will hunt through other ideas.

Controlfreak, you are very very kind - its ok, thanks for that, will have a look in my local M&S too. They don't have them online, but then I've searched under 'polo' and they probably aren't called that.

Twig, she says 'ok' when I offer to cut buttons off and sew the holes up but IME she then can't quite bring herself to wear them.

Hi Oli smile zips on dresses quite easy to find, maybe because easier for little kids to do up alone? She has three hmm but winter ones are pinafores, so needs shirts underneath. Currently wearing white t shirts, but is then different to everyone else IYSWIM. She's happy with that (being dd1) but not sure the school will be for much longer.

AbbaFan Mon 08-Sep-08 21:27:37

M & S deffo have the zip ones.

Elibean Mon 08-Sep-08 21:28:27

tortoise, it does look buttonless - have ordered one of those too!

Thanks again...

Elibean Mon 08-Sep-08 21:28:56

Thanks AbbaFan, will bus it to M&S tomorrow!

sunnylabsmum Wed 10-Sep-08 05:41:02

My DD has a similar button issue and last year we discovered some fairtrade zip tops from M and S. A few days ago they were selling them off cheaply online, but only had sizes 3 and 4. I bagged some of the size 4's to replace my size 3's that are almost outgrown. But as she only wears winter uniform for 1.5 terms they are barely worn but hey ho!
We also have a similar issue with the school dresses and found that M and S do zip ones and some other places too.

Good luck....and no its not unusual!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now