Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which internet/phone & tv package provider should I go with

(13 Posts)
Trix11 Mon 08-Sep-08 11:37:52

I seem to be paying way over the top for all three from different providers - should I get all three from one supplier - if so who offers the best deal? Also Ive heard some negative stories about certain providers - who would you recommend or advise not to go with ?

Thank you

MatNanPlus Mon 08-Sep-08 12:22:38

We have a BT phone as we make very few calls and sky tv/broadband.

When we lost internet there was someone on the Sky helpline at midnight who found it was a BT issue (they had said it wasn't - tho we had no phone the week before due to BT repairs to the street switchboard) and they chased BT up and got it fixed and then Sky called to tell us it was fixed.

nappyaddict Mon 08-Sep-08 12:23:23

you can get sky plus, phone and broadband for £17 a month at the minute. i would go with that.

WideWebWitch Mon 08-Sep-08 12:25:24

We have freeview, so pay nothing for that, you just have to buy a box, we have a Humax which is BRILLIANT, you can record tv and pause live tv and it's just fab, then we have O2 broadband which is only £15 a month or sometihng, then BT for phone which we hardly use, it's about £30-40 a quarter.

FAQ Mon 08-Sep-08 12:26:18

I'm with Virgin - pretty appalling customer service - but as the service provided has rarely been a problem I don't need to worry about the customer service smile

~Don't forget for the sky deal (can't find the £17 a month one?) you'll need to pay for your BT phone line too.

nappyaddict Mon 08-Sep-08 12:33:58

sky offer

Trix11 Mon 08-Sep-08 13:52:09

As I currently get my tv package from sky I am not eligible for that great deal. I do likr the look of the Humax though - how much are they to buy? can you have more than one on connected to different tv's?

nappyaddict Mon 08-Sep-08 13:56:37

sometimes you can still get it. it's worth a try. my friend still managed to get the deal despite already being a customer. they never questioned it anyway.

Trix11 Mon 08-Sep-08 14:08:34

I tried to get it a few weeks ago and they would not give it to me so I canceled my custom - but had to phone back to reconnect a few days later as I had visions of having no tv in four weeks blush

I will try again - although Im sure they also said I could not have the phone deal in my postcode.

theirmum Mon 08-Sep-08 14:09:54

You will be surprised Trix most of the time they would rather keep you then let you go else where I managed to get a free v+ box last week because I said I was moving to Sky because they were giving me a free sky + box! I would say find the best deal on virgin and then tell Sky your leaving becasue you can geta better deal 9 times out of 10 they will try and match it!

DanJARMouse Mon 08-Sep-08 14:10:02

sky for us.

had virgin before, but compared to what we are paying through sky, it was a rip off!

nappyaddict Mon 08-Sep-08 14:12:13

didn't know you could get virgin+ boxes. are they as good as the sky ones?

theirmum Tue 09-Sep-08 11:41:14

I think the virgin + box does the same as the sky+ box it records programs/series and you can watch HD through it they are usually £150 but I got it free just had to pay for it to be installed which was £30

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now