Talk

Advanced search

Who was raving about Tesco Cath Kidston bags?

(49 Posts)
Gobbledigook Sun 07-Sep-08 16:41:40

Saw them the other day in my Tesco - £3.50 and they look pretty small to me! What a rip off!

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 07-Sep-08 16:43:16

They are v pretty though

[justifies expense to self]

ShinyPinkShoes Sun 07-Sep-08 16:44:19

But tiny and no clasp to stop things falling out!

JRocks Sun 07-Sep-08 16:53:30

I don't think any of tesco's reusable shopping bags have clasps do they?

cwtchy Sun 07-Sep-08 16:54:15

I bought one of these and the checkout lady looked at me with an incredulous expression as she said "you do realise these are £3.50, don't you?".

I just sheepishly muttered something including the words "yes, pretty, flowers".

It was only when I got home it occurred to me that Mr Tesco must be rubbing his hands with glee - now, not only can they sell me food, but a vastly overpriced bag to put it in! All in the name of environmental concern.

expatinscotland Sun 07-Sep-08 16:55:29

i have a flowered one and a blue and white spotted one.

i sent one of each to my sister, too.

she gets all these, 'Oh, where did you get that?' from people.

JRocks Sun 07-Sep-08 16:56:49

I was suckered in too - the blue polkadotty one. But it has come in handy - I keep it in my handbag to use when I'm going to smaller shops for fewer items, I was starting to drown in a sea of plastic carriers beforehand.

smile

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sun 07-Sep-08 16:59:17

I love these bags, they're great for when you just need to get a few bits. I've got the blue spotty one, the pink striped one and the rose one.

I'm a marketers dream grin

Yurtgirl Sun 07-Sep-08 17:01:19

blush it never occurred to me to put shopping in mine

In fact mine is hanging up in my bedroom amongst a load of other flowery kidson type stuff. Will probably eventually end up as a knitting bag

For a Cath kidson on £3.50 is an absolute bargain - her bags are normally 3 or 4 times that expensive!

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 07-Sep-08 17:05:24

Pink striped bag ?

How did I miss that ???

shock

SoupDragon Sun 07-Sep-08 17:08:47

They're cheaper than those "I'm not a plastic bag" ones and they were made from recycled plastic bottles. I have a blue/white spotty one.

Clasp?? What do they need a clasp for??

bythepowerofgreyskull Sun 07-Sep-08 17:10:24

I have 3 and I don't care that they are overpriced in comparison to standard bags

smile they are pretty

Heated Sun 07-Sep-08 17:12:34

The blue spotty one's a Kitson one? [completely behind-the-times emoticon]

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sun 07-Sep-08 17:12:39

boys - I think they are still doing the pink striped one. Get ye to Tesco's!

I missed out on the first floral one though [bummer emoticon because a sad one would just be a little ott over a Cath Kidston bag]

Yurtgirl Sun 07-Sep-08 17:15:14

We have only had the blue spotty and the floral one here so far

maidamess Sun 07-Sep-08 17:15:50

There are 100's of them on ebay (surprise surprise) if you are desperate.

MmeLindt Sun 07-Sep-08 17:18:02

I missed the pink stripy one too.

<<makes note to send ScottishGran to Tesco>>

I have the spotty one and the flowery one, not for shopping. I use one for taking change of clothes and book with me if we are going out for the day. The flowery one is my knitting bag.

hana Sun 07-Sep-08 17:27:28

I have sent them to my sisters as well and they get all sorts of comments!

There are more designs coming out end of Sept I believe

milge Sun 07-Sep-08 17:32:52

I find them pretty roomy, and because they are made out of recycled bottles, vaguely waterproof. V useful for used wellies and waterproofs during our lovely summer.

bythepowerofgreyskull Sun 07-Sep-08 17:35:32

according to CK site there are 6 designs in total. - where!! what are they??

hana Sun 07-Sep-08 17:58:28

there is a new mint green one with pink roses on it - was in tesco mag. bit fugly. like the blue spotty one best

cwtchy Sun 07-Sep-08 19:43:23

One of the 6 designs is a Christmas pattern, so will be out in Nov/Dec I think.

(Not that I am interested in the expensive, pretty bags) grin

shhhh Sun 07-Sep-08 19:49:20

not all 6 out yet..only 4 out so far...
Our local tesco last week had loads of the pink stripped one...

btw, clasp..?? None of my reusable bags have a clasp...? In fact not even a carrier bag has a clasp...hmm

Aefondkiss Sun 07-Sep-08 19:58:58

"for each bag sold, we’ll be giving 50p to a charity close to Cath Kidston’s and Tesco’s hearts: Marie Curie Cancer Care. There will be no profit going to Tesco or Cath Kidston Ltd and we are guaranteeing that a minimum of £250,000 will be raised for this superb charitable cause. " if anyone needs to justify spending money on bags grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now